Parking at WL

WVDisGeek

Mouseketeer
DW and I are anxiously awaiting our first WL stay in December (we always stay at POR) and I have a question about parking/check-in.

Our routine is to arrive at our resort early (7 am) or so on Sunday. Check-in and get our passes and go to MK for rope drop, ride some rides, soak in some Disney Magic and return to our resort in the arly afternoon to get our room (in 10 plus trips they have never had a room ready at 7am!! :rotfl:) We always just leave our car parked in the resort lot until we come back from the park.

My question is can we leave our car in the lot and then have bell services take everything to the room in the afternoon? We haven't stayed at a deluxe and have always schlept our own bags to the room so timing was never an issue.

Any help would be appreciated!!!:thumbsup2

DW and I are anxiously awaiting our first WL stay in December (we always stay at POR) and I have a question about parking/check-in.

Our routine is to arrive at our resort early (7 am) or so on Sunday. Check-in and get our passes and go to MK for rope drop, ride some rides, soak in some Disney Magic and return to our resort in the arly afternoon to get our room (in 10 plus trips they have never had a room ready at 7am!! :rotfl:) We always just leave our car parked in the resort lot until we come back from the park.

My question is can we leave our car in the lot and then have bell services take everything to the room in the afternoon? We haven't stayed at a deluxe and have always schlept our own bags to the room so timing was never an issue.

Bellhop can unload your luggage & hold it until you check in your room. You will be given a parking permit when you check in. Might be a good idea to leave car in fron of Lodge if they will let you. Then come back out & park it. But when you get into your room you have to call bell service to get them to bring your luggage up to your room. They will give you a tag when you check your bags in. Hope this answer your questions. You will love the WL at Christmas :goodvibes

You could go ahead and leave your luggage with bell services when you check in and let them hold it until your room is ready. Or you can park the car until later and when your room is ready, just drive back up to the front door and let bell services take it then. After your stuff has been unloaded you can re-park the car. Letting bell services handle it for you when you first arrive would probably be the easiest option - it can be quite a hike out to the parking lot at WL. When we stayed there a few years ago, our DS got sick and we decided to leave a day early to get him home to the doctor. Anywhoo, we wanted to leave really early the next morning so we decided to pack that night and go ahead and load all we could into the car. We didn't think to pull the car up to the door or to use bell services (guess we were really preoccupied with DS:confused:) so we hauled most of our stuff out to the car ourselves. We also had forgotten just how far out from the building we'd had to park the car.:eek: Let me just say - definitely use bell services.;)

Any help would be appreciated!!!:thumbsup2

If you park your car, you will need to 'schlept' your bags to the entrance of the WL or move your car to the WL entrance under the front canopy in order to get bell services to unload and take your bags to your room. They don't go out to the parking lot to get bags from guest cars as far as I know.

No different here as any resort, pull up, bell services will take your luggage and head to the check in counter. If your room is not ready, you never know, then head to the parks. In the mean time you park your car in the WL lot, no big deal. When you return from the park, get your room number, which you can check from any Disney phone and then call bell services to deliver your luggage. We do it all the time at WL.

Thanks for all the info. :thumbsup2

How long does it normally take bell services to bring up your bags?

Is there a park it yourself lot or is it strictly valet?

hopefully when we chk in on this sunday at WL, valet parking($10) will handle the car.

from what I understand the valet chg is good all day anywhere at that resorts??? is that true?

you do get a parking pass for your stay also, correct?

i heard there are 2 different lots at WL. i for valet and a further one for guest not using valet? is this correct?

When we went to WL in April the only way to have bell services take your luggage was to use the valet parking. We couldn't even park our car there to unload the luggage so we parked down in the lot & it's a ways down there. We checked in & then went back down for our luggage. In the heat it was pretty exhausting. Next time we stay there I think that we'll definitely do valet to at least get the perks of getting bell services to unload the luggage, etc. for us. Enjoy your stay. The WL is absolutely amazing!! :cutie:

When we stayed there last December, we had bell services help us with the luggage and DH parked the car. We just couldnt see paying for valet parking everyday and the lot was across the street.

When we went to WL in April the only way to have bell services take your luggage was to use the valet parking. We couldn't even park our car there to unload the luggage so we parked down in the lot & it's a ways down there. We checked in & then went back down for our luggage. In the heat it was pretty exhausting. Next time we stay there I think that we'll definitely do valet to at least get the perks of getting bell services to unload the luggage, etc. for us. Enjoy your stay. The WL is absolutely amazing!! :cutie:

My own experience at all the deluxe resorts I've stayed in (AKL, WL, Poly, YC) is that you can always leave your car under the portico somewhere while you go check in, and bell services will take your bags from you as soon as you get out of the car at the portico. Then, you go in and check in, and return and can drive your car to the self-parking lot if you want. You don't have to do valet to get them to take your bags at the entrance. Last time we stayed concierge so I can't use that example because you don't enter the resort to check in at the Poly, but this was true on our trips to deluxes from 2001-2006, at least.

If someone said that you had to use the valet to get your bags taken by bell services, I think they told you wrong, or else maybe if it was really crowded (like Easter or something), they were doing something different.

We were at WL in April. Bell services unloaded our car and we then parked it ourselves. We did not need to use valet parking. We checked in and they brought everything up to the room for us.

WVDisGeek
If you are travelling, how do you manage to get to the resort by 7:00 a.m.? Sounds like a good idea.

Nora

Thnaks for the additional info. Good to know that bell services will help with luggage and we can still park the car ourself!

I don't like to use valet, simply because I am somewhat picky about who drives my car. Nothing expensive or exotic, just a personal preference. It is also a stick and after seeing one too many valets "hop" it to the parking lot, I prefer to do it my self!

As for Nora03's question about how we get there at 7:00...we are lucky enough that my in-laws have a condo in Daytona. We travel from our home in WV to Daytona on Saturday, get up bright and early Sunday morning (usually leave by 5:30 am!):crazy: and drive over to the parks. We usually get to the resort a little before 7:00 and that usually gives us time to check-in (small lines at 7:00am!! :rotfl: ) and catch a bus to MK for rope drop.

I guess this year will be a little different...we'll check in and grab a boat! :cool1:

Thanks again for all the advice. We have been coming to WDW since 1997 and we have our usual resort (POR) down cold. This is a new experience for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter