Parking at Philadelphia airport

MouseTale

Earning My Ears
Okay, silly question here. We have used off site parking places near the Philadelphia airport the past few years. By the time we pay the fees and tip the drivers, we're not saving money over the on site economy parking. It's a short trip, so we're thinking to pay the $11 per day to park on site. Can we walk from the economy parking to the terminal? I don't want to wait for the shuttle bus. Any tips? Does the parking lot fill completely? TIA

No way to walk from Economy parking to the terminal. You can walk from the garages to the terminal, but that will cost much more. I prefer some of the offsite parking lots. They pick you up at your car and drop you off at your car rather than a central stop and then have to walk to your car.

I have found many of the offsite lots to be cheaper and much more convenient than the airport economy lot.

we pay $7.95 a day at Express lot south. They pick you up at your car and drop you off at your airline check in. and they same coming back. expresspark.com

You can park at Economy Parking and walk to the terminal. I do this at least twice a month for business and have been doing it for years. I'm referring to the Economy Parking that you enter right after Terminal F US Airways Express on the right. This works great, especially if you're flying Southwest or Delta as it is a short walk to Terminal E. As for parking, as soon as you enter the parking lot, park as close to the entrance as possible making the walk shorter. I never wait for the bus.

We love using Winner parking at PHL. The best part is the option to have them bring your own car to pick you up on the return. It is an option that saves me time and dealing with luggage twice (loading on and off shuttle and then into my car).

It's your prerogative, but I would consider that to be miserable. You could be walking upwards of 3/4 of a mile with baggage. And that's if you are leaving from Terminal E and if the lot isn't full, which does happen.

Park in the airport lots and you have to search out a spot, haul your body and luggage to the terminal, haul back from the terminal to the lot and then find your car.

The private lots let you avoid those hassles, and probably save money.

We parked at "The Parking Spot" on Essington ave. You can print a coupon from their website and pay less than $11 a day. We get there early in the morning we are shown where to park and the shuttle bus follows. We get out of the car get our luggage and hop on the shuttle. There are usually more people parking in the same area and get the same shuttle. You can also valet there for less than $11 a day. There is very little wait and leaving the airport the shuttle runs frequently so there is very little wait back to your car. As PP said I wouldn't want to have to walk with my luggage in the rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter