Parking at Contemporary

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by hulk51382, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You do know that they built the Bay Lake Tower (DVC resort) on the site of the former North Wing?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

That's exactly why they had to change it. Because people had the same reasoning, and people that were paying to stay at the resort were being inconvenienced. Guests started complaining.

4. rock_doctor

rock_doctor DIS Veteran

I see them tow out of the BLT parking lot quite frequently. Several cars a day in fact...

To the OP. I would drop your family off at the CR and swing around and park the car in the TTC lot. They can check in at the restaurant, look around the Contemporary and you can get a nice parking spot in the TTC lot. If you are in the TTC lot before rope drop you usually are close enough to walk to the monorail (no tram ride necessary). Jump the monorail and get off at the CR. If you are staying in a Disney resort you will not have to pay to park in the TTC lot. If staying outside you will have to pay.

5. ChancesAre

ChancesAre Earning My Ears

But our experience has been that he TTC monorail does not run early enough for our 7:00 a.m. Chef Mickey ADR. If there's a way to make it to a 7:00 ADR at Contemporary by parking at the TTC, I'd like to know how to do it for our trip next week. I'd much rather park there than pay for valet parking.

6. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

valet park. no time limit.

7. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I'm unfamiliar with the hours of the monorail, but if it's not running and you don't want to pay for valet you'll have to utilize the 3 hour time window and then move your car to the TTC.

It's not quite as convenient, but it's not the end of the world. Just comes with the territory of not staying at CR and having a very early ADR, unfortunately.