Park Vue Inn social 'hour'?

fitnessmouse

DIS Veteran
CAn anyone tell what this is?
Can't find anything about it on the website. Is it only for certain rooms?

Go read the reviews on Tripadvisor.com. Alot of past guests are happy with it. Basically its a light dinner for all their guests. Nachos, salad, pasta, soups things like that. Ill be down there in a little over a week then I can give you more info about it.

Go read the reviews on Tripadvisor.com. Alot of past guests are happy with it. Basically its a light dinner for all their guests. Nachos, salad, pasta, soups things like that. Ill be down there in a little over a week then I can give you more info about it.

Would to hear your opinion of the Park Vue after you return.

Jack

We just stayed there last month and were very pleased with the new additions. The Social Hour when we were there consisted of soup, salad, nachos and drinks. We were in a hurry to get to the Trick-or-Treat party so we didn't eat, but we did enjoy the hot breakfast the next morning.

It is available to all guests. They will give you a ticket (one for each member of your party) and will scan it when you go in. They also ask that you eat the food there rather than take it back to your room (but they had no problem letting me go in and check out what was there first).

They will give you a ticket (one for each member of your party) and will scan it when you go in. They also ask that you eat the food there rather than take it back to your room (but they had no problem letting me go in and check out what was there first).

Just wondering, do they do this at breakfast time as well? I was hoping to send my family down to eat breakfast and then have them bring something back to the room for me. This way I have time to get things ready for the day.

From the bits and pieces that I've read here and on TripAdvisor, I believe that the social hour is 5-7pm and you can go to it each and every day of your reservation. :thumbsup2

Just wondering, do they do this at breakfast time as well? I was hoping to send my family down to eat breakfast and then have them bring something back to the room for me. This way I have time to get things ready for the day.

From the bits and pieces that I've read here and on TripAdvisor, I believe that the social hour is 5-7pm and you can go to it each and every day of your reservation. :thumbsup2

I believe 5-7 is correct for the social hour and yes it should be available for every day of your stay.

They did follow the one-ticket per person at breakfast also. I believe this is because of the expanded offerings. I am assuming to assure that people are only taking what they will eat and not wasting food and/or using it to take the parks, etc. It was a very nice offering and I can understand why they need to control it so that it is not abused (speaking in general, not to the person I am responding too, LOL).

I was a little put off my having to be there in person at first too, but after seeing the improvements they have made to the food offerings, I understand the reason behind it now.

Overall, I was quite impressed with what we received at Park Vue for $125 a night.

1) upon checkin, there was fresh fruit, water and cookies in the lobby - free to all guests
2) when we arrived in the room there was a personalized welcome letter to us along with a fruit and wine basket (our basket had a bottle of sparkling cider but the note said it could be exchanged for wine if we wished).
3) social hour with soup, salad, nachos and drinks (unlimited, but you had to eat it there).
4) hot breakfast with waffles (you cook them), eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal with toppings, various cold cereals, donuts, muffins, various juices, coffee, etc (also unlimited but you had to eat it there - but I was able to take my coffee to go).
5) free parking

They also asked at check-in if we were celebrating anything so I think they may do a little extra for birthdays, etc.

The service at Park Vue has really come a long way in the past few years. We will certainly be back there again next year.

We are going to stay at the Park Vue in February when we take my twins to Disneyland for their birthday. My sister told me they do something extra for special ocassions, so when I called about my reservation I told them our trip is for my son's birthdays. The lady helping me said that for birthdays they will do something "special" with the room (I assume putting some kind of decorations in it) and that the ColdStone Creamery which is in the hotel will give you a complimentary mini ice cream cake. YUMMY!

I remember staying at the Park Vue when I was a kid. It sure has changed a ton since then. We always stay there on our trips.

Overall, I was quite impressed with what we received at Park Vue for $125 a night.

1) upon checkin, there was fresh fruit, water and cookies in the lobby - free to all guests
2) when we arrived in the room there was a personalized welcome letter to us along with a fruit and wine basket (our basket had a bottle of sparkling cider but the note said it could be exchanged for wine if we wished).
3) social hour with soup, salad, nachos and drinks (unlimited, but you had to eat it there).
4) hot breakfast with waffles (you cook them), eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal with toppings, various cold cereals, donuts, muffins, various juices, coffee, etc (also unlimited but you had to eat it there - but I was able to take my coffee to go).
5) free parking

These are some nice perks, but IME I probably wouldn't take advantage of the social hour or breakfast everyday.

Is there an extra person fee there if there are 3 or 4 adults? Just considering because a 4yo doesn't eat as much as a 34yo.

Thanks for the answers.
I am seriously considering switching my ressie at HoJo to Park Vue. For the period we're going it's $10 more per night, but will save us a lot more on food.

and it's closer.

I would recommend giving them a try. We stayed there last year at Christmas time, and there is no beating the walk. They were very nice, and clean.

We are going to stay at HoJo's this time, for the first time, for the price and comfy beds, but I did like Park Vue too.

I have two questions:

1. Does everyone get the fruit and wine basket, or is that just for special occasions?

2. I think I know the answer, but I'm curious - are there adult beverages at the social hour, or are they just non-alcoholic drinks?

I have two questions:

1. Does everyone get the fruit and wine basket, or is that just for special occasions?

2. I think I know the answer, but I'm curious - are there adult beverages at the social hour, or are they just non-alcoholic drinks?

I am assuming the fruit and wine basket was for everyone since we were not celebrating anything. But we were also repeat guests so they may have included it for that reason (but I'd like to think they are doing it for everyone).

I did not see any alcoholic beverages at the social hour, but we only stopped in for a minute to check out the food offerings. I would think providing alcohol would be to difficult for legal reasons (making sure you had someone checking IDs, etc).

I have two questions:

I almost positive everyone gets one-we had two rooms and there was basket in each room-connecting doors.

No alcohol, but the food is decent and good snack-definitely saves money!

Breakfast was good-nothing fancy but lots of choices including fresh cut up fruit and yogurt.

The special birthday items-is disney mug filled with candy and lots of balloons attached-very nice.

The service is great and you can't beat the location!
One warning they don't have an elevator for the second floor! Mom got tired and I think she really wished we had a 1st floor room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter