Park to Park ???

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by gayles, Jun 27, 2013.

1. gayles

gayles DIS Veteran

This is our 1 st time ever -- Daughter - Me (her mom & granny to DGS) Ages 6 yrs & 8 yrs ..... For the Small extra Cost ..... for 4 days is it Better to buy Park to Park Tickets --- one thing about us we don't like to waste time traveling from Park to Park when we are at Disney . But I think U & IOA might be Different --- I know Oct. 20 is the Halloween Event (will not be attending ) & I know Park closes eary for this -- I think ..... Any Hint's would be much Appreciated...:thumbsup2;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

It only takes about 3 minutes to walk from IOA to USF. I like the park hoppers and we always do rides from both parks each day.

4. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Park to park tickets are nice since you can hop back and forth as much as you like. October isn't very busy so you should have no issues in riding everything you want multiple times. The parks are right beside each other so there's no transportation between the two and it only takes about five minutes to walk.

The Studios will close at 5PM on 10/20 for HHN set up. IOA will be open until 7PM so you could go to the Studios in the morning and then head over to IOA for the afternoon and evening...no big deal.

5. gayles

gayles DIS Veteran

Thanks - Damo ** your dog is adorable and you have given me great answers to all my questions over the past few weeks == Thanks again ...:thumbsup2

6. Bluer101

Bluer101 Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!

I don't think I can just be limited to one park. It's so easy to walk between them.

7. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Thanks! My poor doggie died two years ago but I haven't had the heart to remove her from my profile! If I replace her with my new dog, people won't know who I am!!! ;)

8. jenniferleigh1

jenniferleigh1 Earning My Ears

I agree- I think Park to Park is totally worth it. This way you won't feel limited or tied down to a certain park. It is nothing like Disney where you need to walk 15 minutes from the park to the busess, then the 15 minute bus ride, then walk to the park entrance- it ends up being like an hour just to get to a different park.
    IOA and Universal are connected and the walk is incredibly short- def. minutes and its extremely fun to run back and forth between them :thumbsup2

9. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

with children your age, park to park would be worth it.

you could easily go back to a park for a showtime or repeat ride.

sometimes kids like the play area a lot and want to return to it over and over.

10. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Park to Park:thumbsup2
    We used it on our trip and will again this trip..It isn't anything like Disney.You can literally walk between the 2 parks in about 5 mins or less.

11. Seeker615

Seeker615 Harry Potter Fanatic!

I agree. Park to park was awesome for us. We started in one park and if it seemed busy or we wanted a change of pace we would walk over to the other one.