1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Park Tickets- How late can I buy/How to make KTTW

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by kataEbi, Apr 17, 2013.

1. kataEbi

kataEbi Earning My Ears

Hello!

Lurker here since I started my trip planning, getting down to crunch time.
    I appreciate these forums so much. Made life a lot easier. Thank you all!

My question(s) are park ticket related.

I booked hotel early on, through an Orbitz hotel special. I have not yet bought my park tickets.

When's the latest I should buy them? I guess.. moreover, how do they come to you once you buy them.. (Do I get just a confirmation to pick them up at the parks/hotel/etc?) Which leads to the next question...

We're staying on Disney property.. how do I add these to my room keys/make them KTTW?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. thegib95

thegib95 Mouseketeer

:welcome: to the Dis Boards, or at least welcome to the world of asking questions....

When is your Trip? Where are you Staying? How do you plan on buying tickets?

4. kataEbi

kataEbi Earning My Ears

May 1st
    Port Orleans

Whatever's easiest/best. (Was a future question XD)

5. fizbobunny

fizbobunny Mouseketeer

I usually buy mine through undercovertourist. They take up to 2 weeks to arrive, so buy them at least that far out. Guest services at your hotel can add them to your KTTW. Sometimes the check in desk can do it.

6. fizbobunny

fizbobunny Mouseketeer

When I order from undercovertourist I get actual paper (tyvek) tickets mailed to me. Free shipping.

My upcoming trip I bought my tickets from Disney. I chose the will call option. They sent me an email confirmation that I will use to pick up my tickets from guest services when I arrive.

Another option is to just buy them at guest services when you arrive, but you risk a ticket price increase between now and then.

7. thegib95

thegib95 Mouseketeer

All of this below is just to confirm or reiterate what PPs have said.

Guest Services is the answer to get tickets added to your KTTW as PP(s) have said.

I would suggest Undercover Tourist, but not sure if there will be a mousesavers newsletter between now and then to give you a discount. But I always recommend them.

You can always order from Disney's website, and know that it is from them and they will be waiting for you at guest services and you can just hand them your KTTW.

My mom is old school and always orders when we check in, from the front desk, risk of higher price (happened to her last year) but no chance of losing/forgetting, no fuss because they were already on the KTTW when it was handed to her...

Lots of Options!

8. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

You can purchase them at your Resort when you check in, and they will be added to your KTTW card.

9. kataEbi

kataEbi Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the replies!

Since we're so close to the trip, undercovertourist doesn't seem like a good option (and not that much cheaper anyway), so I guess I'll plan for buying the tickets at the hotel counter. The quick/easy add to the KTTW sounds like the best idea anyway.
    --

While we're at it.. I've not been in 15+ years and my lady has never been. We're a late-20s couple.. no real interest in the extreme class of Victoria and Alberts, but would definitely like to have some of the better food at Disney. We like pretty much all types of food and have lots of days worth to fill.. Ive checked the dining forum, but hey... Suggestions? :)

10. Random Ninja

Random Ninja DIS Veteran

If you haven't made any reservations yet, you may have a hard time getting into some places. Some of the good ones that usually have more availability are Kona Cafe at the Poly, Sanaa at AKL, Biergarden at Epcot, and Raglan Road in DTD. If you have anywhere specific you really want to eat, you may have to stalk the reservation site. The QS in Epcot is really good if you don't want to make ADRs.