Park Hopping? How long does it really take?

minmate

I can show you the world... Don't you dare close y
Okay... getting anxious about my plans here... leaving Wednesday (3.28) -- planning to do EE Thurs am at DL but wanted to be out and over to DCA by opening for that. I'm not so concerned about getting everything in Fantasyland done at EE... we will be back later in the weekend.... but how long does it really take to get from say... the castle area, to the entrance of DCA?
Is this too rushed and ambitious with four kids ages 4-8?

It took us about 5 minutes. Not far at all! However, California Adventure opens at 9:30 many days to allow people to ride Soarin'. It took us the entire EE hour to ride Peter Pan, Matterhorn, Mr. Toad, Mad Tea Party, Alice, Pinocchio and Snow White (ran out of time for Carousel & Dumbo), so you would not be able to get everything done in Fantasyland and make it in time for the official DCA opening, which you said would be fine, since you're going back later in the week. Hope this helps! :teeth:

Thanks! It does help! I figured we'd have to head back out toward DCA shortly after 9 b/c of the earlier entry for Soarin'. I am getting nervous that it is going to be so packed!

In general, if you hop from DL to DCA or vice-versa it takes about one minute from the DL gate to the DCA gate. What can slow you down is if there is a line at the gate to enter the park to which you are hopping. If you hop at certain parts of the day there may be a line which can be 5-10 minutes long.

You picked the time for it to be busy but as long as you plan a bit it is very doable and "Soarin" is out of this world. CA in the morning is pretty slow. My 16 yo daughter will be down there is next Thursday with a group that is performing at CA and she already has a game plan to do as much as she can.

Jackpirate:

Okay... getting anxious about my plans here... leaving Wednesday (3.28) -- planning to do EE Thurs am at DL but wanted to be out and over to DCA by opening for that. I'm not so concerned about getting everything in Fantasyland done at EE... we will be back later in the weekend.... but how long does it really take to get from say... the castle area, to the entrance of DCA?
Is this too rushed and ambitious with four kids ages 4-8?

It's not like Disneyworld. It's very close together. From the castle area to DCA front gate with little kids in tow, 10 mins. Alone maybe 5 if you walk briskly.

have fun

As the others have said, it doesnt typically take long. But, I dont see a reason to be in a huge rush to get to DCA. It's not usually busy in the morning. Its not a park that you need to be at the gate at opening time. You would be better off to ride all of the fantasy land rides during EE, even if that makes you "late" for DCA opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter