Park close 12:30, plane at 7:25am, Hotel?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Southerndisney, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Southerndisney

Southerndisney Mouseketeer

My DD 18 and I will be at Disney Dec 20-22. The first night we will stay at Pop. On Dec 21st EPCOT closes at 12:30 and our flight at MCO is 7:25am. If we stay at Pop, ME will pick us up at 4:25am. I'm thinking that maybe we should rent a car that day and stay closer to the airport and get to sleep more than 3 hours. Can anyone recomend an inexpensive but safe hotel near MCO for a few hours sleep? Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndyFL

AndyFL This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my c

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to take a taxi rather than bother with a car rental and hotel...all that extra time could be spent in bed.

4. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I would consider renting a car near WDW and staying at Pop both nights. The drive to MCO in the morning will be really quick. In any case, you can get a car from Budget for less than $45 with taxes using code 'Y937800' pick up near WDW and drop off at MCO. You could also save a bunch of money if you just stay near the airport overnight v/s Pop.

5. seashoreCM

seashoreCM All around nice guy.

You'll get in a little more park time by renting a car. If you take a taxi you still have to go back to your resort to get the carryons.

You'll still have to deal with a hotel to get any time let alone all that extra time in bed.

You'll also get a little more park time and also be able to use Magical Express by delaying dinner until after you get to the airport. Then go to an airport area hotel for that last night. (From alternatives all based on leaving Disney in the 8 to 9 PM time frame.)

6. Southerndisney

Southerndisney Mouseketeer

Thanks for the budget car rental code. I checked the Hyatt at the airport and they want $152 for the night.

7. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

You can still stay near the airport with your rental car and save $$. I have booked on both Priceline and Hotwire near the airport. Most hotels have free parking and you can drop your car off on the way into the airport in the morning.

8. Rpsemont

Rpsemont DIS Veteran DVC Gold

In your situation, I would use priceline or hotwire to get a hotel at the airport. Then I would either plan for a one day car rental or take a taxi after epcot.
    Which hotel I got at the aiport would determinie whether I would drop the car at the aiport that night - and use the hotel shuttle. Or park at the hotel and drive to the airport the next morning. You can probably get a nice airport hotel for $50-$60.

If you want some guidance on Priceline, send me a pm and I'd be happpy to talk to you. I'm not a great typist..

Also, If you're spening that day at Epcot, look into picking up an Alamo car at the Dolphin hotel. You could easily walk over at one point, get the car, drive to POP to get your luggage and then return to park at Epcot. Remember to get a Parking sign from POP when you check in so you don't pay for parking at Epcot.

9. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font