Parents of the High School Class of 2017/College 2021

DS got his ACT score today.... It was his 1st time taking it (took SAT's 2x) I have no idea if he did well or not? Is there a site to go to that will let me see how score stack up? He did fine on his SAT's... I think he did fine on these too...

DD is signed up for the last round of SAT/ACT's in October - I paid two late fee's cuz my DD is the ultimate procrastinator
She has taken the ACT once, scored a 30 - hoping for a 32 for her "dream school" Amherst
She took the SAT in January, then again this summer and the summer scores were higher (1360: 690 reading/670 math), not sure if that was the change in format/scoring so....... one more round

DD said last night that Univ of San Francisco is off the table "too expensive and the housing issues are a major problem" whew!

DS got his ACT score today.... It was his 1st time taking it (took SAT's 2x) I have no idea if he did well or not? Is there a site to go to that will let me see how score stack up? He did fine on his SAT's... I think he did fine on these too...

I read that and had to log in to see if my daughters were there but they are not there yet! She got a 31 last time, she is trying to get a 32 this time- hope it worked!

My DD's went back down. I had a feeling the whole forgotten calculator thing was going to throw her for a loop. She improved her Science score by 1 point but all the other scores went down from last time (math A LOT). The 1 point in Science will make her superscore round up by 1 point, so there is that. I'll going to have to make note of which colleges accept a superscore. It's still not high enough for some of the programs she was looking at and that's disappointing.

She did ask me to sign her up for the SAT next week. I paid the late fee and I paid for the full results to be sent back so she knows what's wrong. She is getting some studying in but I think she thinks that it's going to be like the ACT. We may also just be done after this one and work with the scores she has if she's not going to put any time into preparation. I'm tired of throwing good money after bad.

The college applications we were looking at for my daughter don't superscore the ACT, only the SAT- In October she is taking 3- SAT2's that she needs for a college application. I had never even heard of SAT 2's before this year!!

The college applications we were looking at for my daughter don't superscore the ACT, only the SAT- In October she is taking 3- SAT2's that she needs for a college application. I had never even heard of SAT 2's before this year!!
Is she taking SAT subject tests?

SAT II are subject tests. My daughter eliminated a few schools from her list because of needing to take SAT subject tests. I honestly don't understand needing subject tests if a kid has multiple AP tests. I would think schools would permit either.

My DS is a second year at UVA. On their admissions website it says they require 2 SAT II Subject tests. He took them, but didn't really like his scores, so he didn't send them. He had 5s on AP tests though. He met with a UVA rep at a college fair and asked how critical those SAT II tests scores were. She told him they didn't matter much. He did not send them to UVA and still got accepted. Check with your schools to see how "required" the SAT II tests are.

SAT II are subject tests. My daughter eliminated a few schools from her list because of needing to take SAT subject tests. I honestly don't understand needing subject tests if a kid has multiple AP tests. I would think schools would permit either.
Same here, DD ruled out any school that had the Subject test requirements

School has a FAFSA info night tonight. I'm planning to go. I hope theres something useful.

I hope yours is worthwhile. We went to college planning night at dd's school last week and ended up leaving before it was over. I could have taught the darn thing and some of the questions parents were asking made me think they've been living under a rock.
That's what I'm afraid of. This is my third go-around. It's just that the FAFSA is new and I have some issues with my niece that are somewhat unique. Given her circumstances, her EFC is $0 and my income doesn't count. However, I'm still supporting her, so I'm not sure if I can claim her a a dependant on DD's FAFSA.

I hope yours is worthwhile. We went to college planning night at dd's school last week and ended up leaving before it was over. I could have taught the darn thing and some of the questions parents were asking made me think they've been living under a rock.
This made me laugh! When we attended the parent information session for DS's University, there was this one parent (there is always one) who came up with the most bizarre things......it was a snooze fest. I felt bad for the student ambassadors who were trying to be polite, not roll their eyes etc. There is ALWAYS at least one parent...............................................

School has a FAFSA info night tonight. I'm planning to go. I hope theres something useful.

Ours is second week of Oct- I went to it the past 2 years though to know what I was in for- I like being informed in advance and not surprised last minute!

Yes the SAT 2's- subject tests.

Got her ACT grade today- she went up 2 points, she is SO happy! She was shooting for a 32 but got a 33- she shot up in Math, guess the tutoring for the Math Regents this summer paid off for two tests! That is it now, no more ACT's! I am SO glad these tests are coming to an end!!

Great job!

Yes the SAT 2's- subject tests.

Got her ACT grade today- she went up 2 points, she is SO happy! She was shooting for a 32 but got a 33- she shot up in Math, guess the tutoring for the Math Regents this summer paid off for two tests! That is it now, no more ACT's! I am SO glad these tests are coming to an end!!
That is an impressive score as well as a very nice jump! You know, "they" say kids get their smarts from their Mom's!

That is an impressive score as well as a very nice jump! You know, "they" say kids get their smarts from their Mom's!

Ha! Well that is not true here- she must have gotten them from her paternal side! When I talked to her guidance counselor today he said that he had to fill out his portion of questbridge and he was able to say that she is persistent and determined and she works hard to meet her goals. Mine would have said - pot smoking slacker LOL- glad she didn't get those genes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter