Parents night out

vballnic3

Earning My Ears
I need some advice. We are going in April and while on the trip my Hubby and I will be celebrating our 5yr anniversary. We have one night away from our kiddos and are looking for ideas what to do.

A little background we have a QS dining plan and don't really wanna do a sit down dinner. We are unable to escape until probably around 6. The night we are hoping to go out we will have spent the day at Epcot and do not have park hoppers.

Ready... Go :)

Thank you!!!

Disney Springs! Go hang out at Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar on the patio overlooking the water. Great spot to enjoy a beverage and a great view.

Theater - either Cirque Du Soleil, Blue Man Group, or at the Dr Philips Center (if something good is playing, this would be my #1). After the show, head out for a nice nightcap (coffee or drinks) and enjoy togetherness and conversation:)...

My brother and his wife went to Jelly Rolls during their last trip and had nothing but good things to say about it. My wife and I will be checking it out during out next trip. Also, my wife and I really enjoy just walking around Disney Springs. You can stop a various places and grab a drink ans/or a bite to eat, as well check out all of the shops and such.

Take a cab or Uber to the Boardwalk. Then you could visit the new AbracadaBar, the Bellevue Lounge in the BWI, or a bit later in the evening JellyRolls. You could also wander over to Epcot through the International Gateway and take a more adult tour of the World Showcase. Stay and watch Illuminations and then head back to the Boardwalk for a bit more of its evening entertainment.

As others have noted, Disney Springs is another great alternative.

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour

The Boardwalk is awesome for a night out. Flying Fish Cafe is open again and they do make a great meal, then you can go dancing at the dance hall or get some ice cream and sit outside. It's quiet, beautiful, and is pretty with the lights at night. Very romantic.

Do you want to stay on property or go somewhere nearby? (EPcot is one of my favorite things to do adults only coincidentally).

Here's another vote for Epcot. We go in the evening once each trip without children and it's a different experience. Do you like to drink? You could wander around the world showcase and have a different drink/cocktail/local beer in a few of the countries and enjoy the view, a bit of people watching and then stay for the fireworks to finish the evening off. I would love to spend my birthday doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter