Parents going to Wilderness Lodge without kids

...ANYWAY- didn't expect this to go there. My Parents are staying in the Wilderness Lodge and I was wondering if there was something my wife and I could do do make their stay a little more "magical." I don't know if there's some package we could set up in the room when they get back from the parks or call the front desk and ask them to do something for them, I'm looking for advice from the experts out there.

I want to tell them thank you for all the wonderful memories they've made for our family at Disney and see if Disney can sprinkle a little fairy dust. Any ideas?

Thanks,

I think I get your drift :). Consider contacting the WDW Flouriest.... they have far more than flowers :). You COULD have flowers, a candy basket, wine&cheese package, and a lot more waiting in your folk's room. It will not be cheap. It WILL be exquisite :).

We did this very thing for my son and daughter in law :). A "thank you" for being a wonderful couple that lived up to every one of Dad's expectations :).

I just wanted to chime in and say that OP's parents are so lucky to have such a kind and caring son. I think it's sweet that you're worried they'll miss the kids, and I think it's great you want to plan a nice surprise for them.

I don't have any ideas, just wanted to say that!

you are a very sweet son and i don't think you're crazy for thinking they might find their vacation bittersweet. while my parents did come to WDW with us twice, our big tradition was for them to bring us to the beach with them every year since probably 2004. in 2013, my parents booked the beach vacation without us. when they returned they said over and over again how boring it was without us there (i do believe they were mostly referring to my children, so may be different in your case). they really did seem miserable when they returned (and every time they talked about the trip thereafter) so i don't think they were just saying that to make us feel better. i know a lot of people have had very different experiences, but i do understand where you are coming from.

My wife and I are in our fifties and our daughter will be 30 in November (she still lives with us). She is not a Disney fan (go figure) so we have been going without her for years. For my wife and I it gives us a chance to be alone together and do things at our own pace. One of this best things about Disney, especially the Deluxe resorts is that you have a beautiful place to just hang by the pool, check out the resort and grounds have some great meals at the restaurants. Of course then there are the parks which in my humble opinion should keep any couple more than occupied.

By the way we are not retired, but I figure why wait to get older. Disney is fun with family but is just as fun going as a couple, maybe even more. :ssst:

Your parents will have a great time. We'll be at the lodge in 4 weeks!!!

I agree, you are a super sweet son! I like the flowers idea and LOVE the paying for a meal. Hopefully it all works out. I understand where you are coming from. It sounds like they did invite you on the trip, but being young adults, you can't really go on a vacation right now. I understand that. I also get that Disney can be a different world when you are hoping for a kid or grandkids. I remember the last trip DH and I took with his parents before our first child was born, it was a fabulous trip, but I was really wishing that it could have been a trip with a grandchild. I remember crying at the fireworks because we didn't have one with us. (We were married 10 years before our first child came along... it was a LONG wait) Three years later I remember crying at the fireworks because our DD (less than a year old) was with all of us. Turns out I cry at the fireworks, with or without kids!

I'm sure your mom and dad will have a great time (whether they cry at the fireworks or not!)

I just retired from teaching high school math for 38 years. Dh retired 2 years ago. This year we are also both turning 60. We have been to DW a couple of times in the last 3 years without our sons. It is strange the first time but we have loved it. I didn't have a smart phone last time we went so I would text my younger son and asked him to check on wait times for me. He loved helping out.

They will enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter