Parasailing at cc

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by disneysunshine85, Nov 19, 2012.

1. disneysunshine85

disneysunshine85 Mouseketeer

If you've done it... Did you enjoy it? I keep going back and forth about the excursion i booked for my upcoming cruise

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Chernabog#1fan

Chernabog#1fan DVCOwner

We really enjoyed it and would do it again.

4. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

We loved it and would also do it again.

5. 2disneycruzrs

2disneycruzrs DIS Veteran

We do it every cruise and love it. I'm passing on it this time to enjoy our cabana but DH still is doing it. If you go on the video site, search bluestravelgirl where I have uploaded my parasailing videos. Personal tip, they try to get people who are together to tandem. DH and I always tip them but usually do so before we get going and they let us go solo, which we prefer.

6. SleepyDeb

SleepyDeb Mouseketeer

We've signed up for parasailing in January at CC. Are we going freeze our tidbits off? Thinking of getting short wet suits. Will we feel like dorks?

7. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

My husband and son loved it! But I would also check prices at your port stops (not sure which cruise you're on). Our friends negotiated a deal on Orient beach in St Maarten at about half of what Disney charges. They were in the air longer too.

Jodie

8. Tolson70

Tolson70 Mouseketeer

Loved it.

9. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

It was great, and so cool to see the ship from that perspective. My dds both loved it as well (9 & 12).

10. AquaDame

AquaDame Are we there yet?

Loved it! We booked it again for this most recent cruise, but the wind was too high in the afternoon so they cancelled it... we were bummed! We will book it for a morning again next time!

11. allears

allears "If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!

Have done it and loved it! Booked for our upcoming February cruise. I've taken a disposable water proof camera in the past and gotten some awesome photos of the island, water and the ship.

12. debsters41

debsters41 DIS Veteran

I did it with my daughter. I was so worried about being afraid of heights, but it was so smooth, so peaceful and serene. Unbelievable, really. My daughter saw a sea turtle, I think I was too busy looking at the ship and the island. I don't think you will regret it, honestly

13. disneysunshine85

disneysunshine85 Mouseketeer

Thank you so much everyone for your input. I think I'm just hesitant because I will be going up alone. I'm going to suck it up and do it though because I've always wanted to.

14. 2disneycruzrs

I've done it in December and was fine in swimsuit. They give you the option of being dipped to your thighs or waist but you don't have to. You will get more wet from the boat ride out than with the flight.

We used a disposable camera the first time but every time after have used a spare digital camera to take better photos and video. People on your group are usually great and willing to take photos of each other while the others are in flight.

Tip: They tell you to leave your shoes on the pier. Do not leave your shoes there...bring a bag that you can safely leave under your seat. DH lost his flip flop because it was either blown off or kicked off the pier.

As noted, book in the morning. If there are winds, they will give you opportunity to reschedule in afternoon if there are openings. It happened to us and we even got it free.

It's just really awesome to see the beauty of the ship and island from this perspective.

15. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how old the kiddos have to be to do the parasailing?

16. Cond1108

Cond1108 Earning My Ears

So would you be able to hold an IPhone when you go up, or are the winds too high?!!!

17. 2disneycruzrs

Oh I would definitely NOT take an iPhone up. You need to be able to hold on to the cables and most cameras have wrist strap.

18. SJCruiser

SJCruiser Mouseketeer

The DCL tour operator requires you to be 8 years old. Anyone under 90 lbs must ride tandem.