Paradise Pier Hotel - Concierge Lounge

blahblah18

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Considering a stay at PPH, and I'm looking for more info on the Concierge Lounge.

The website's limited info on the lounge's breakfast offering just says "continental breakfast". That usually means pastries, cereal and juice ... i.e. sugar and dough!

We love the idea of the concierge lounge, but we keep our family on a healthy diet (other than true treats occasionally) ... which means no/limited sugar, and no/limited grains. That keeps pastries, cereal, and juice out of our breakfasts.

Does anyone know if they have any other breakfast options at the Concierge Lounge ... eggs, meats, no-sugar-added yogurt, anything that's healthier?

Thanks!

It's been 3 years since we last stayed at PPH in a concierge room, and I have to say the breakfast is a man reason why we're not doing that again in September. Apart from the fresh fruits we found most of the breakfast items too sugary. The least sugary item I could handle were the bagels, but if you limit grains they are not much use for you. There were no eggs or meats, maybe cheese? (I can't remember). The menu may have changed since but that was our experience.

Nope...I am the same as you. Try and do a decent breakfast with some sort of protein and avoid a loft of breads in the AM especially. I have walked into and immediately out of both the GCH and the PPH lounges many times to head for DTD.

Many love the lounges but unless you are trying to feed a family of 4 and healthy is not a top priority...the lounges are not at all worth it in my opinion.

There may be photos of some of the concierge offerings in these threads (start at the end of the threads and work backwards, so you can see the more recent info):

http://www.disboards.com/threads/paradise-pier-thread.2914395/page-24

http://www.disboards.com/threads/pi...oncierge-lounges.2181963/page-8#post-53739114

While I certainly can't say that I always eat healthfully at DLR, I agree about needing protein for breakfast. As much as I love the taste and flavor of pancakes with syrup, pastries and especially orange juice, I can't have that stuff on its own, if at all. Either I skip those things entirely, or I have them -- but I make sure I have some eggs and some sort of meat first. Protein is essential. If I load up on pastries and orange juice in the morning and don't have any good protein, I will not have any energy or stamina to take on the day, and my blood sugar will be doing crazy things a couple of hours in!

We did this 2 years ago and they only had more bread-based items. The wine and appetizers are offered in the evening, and snacks are during the day.

You may be better off just booking a regular stay and heading to the Riverbelle Terrace for breakfast -- they do bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast, etc there.

We love the idea of the concierge lounge, but we keep our family on a healthy diet (other than true treats occasionally) ... which means no/limited sugar, and no/limited grains. That keeps pastries, cereal, and juice out of our breakfasts.

Hard to do at a concierge/club lounge.

Thanks everyone. Disappointing to hear that the food is so poor at the Concierge lounge, but (as bumbershoot mentioned) not uncommon. It never ceases to amaze me how many hotels consider a sugar bomb to be an appropriate meal. (And frankly it's pretty tough to eat healthy anywhere at DL.)

Still considering Paradise Pier, but definitely passing on the Club Level.

It never ceases to amaze me how many hotels consider a sugar bomb to be an appropriate meal.

Pastries and cereal are low cost and low maintenance, ewer food temps to worry about.

My preferred breakfast spot is La Brea Bakery Express in DTD....steel-cut oatmeal, yogurt and berries, eggs, etc.

Last edited:
Generally when I grab breakfast at the concierge lounge, I grab a couple hard boiled eggs, a couple slices of turkey and ham, a couple pieces of cheese, and a slice or 2 of cantaloupe and pineapple. Yes, there is a lot of danish, bagels, muffins, cereals, but I too prefer the proteins.

That said, I really don't think the lounge is worth the price.

Here's a second for the Riverbelle Terrace inside of DL for breakfast. Portions are incredibly generous and the food is great, filled with protein great for a day in the parks! (As much as I love club level, totally agree with others here that it won't fit your bill.)

Generally when I grab breakfast at the concierge lounge, I grab a couple hard boiled eggs, a couple slices of turkey and ham, a couple pieces of cheese, and a slice or 2 of cantaloupe and pineapple. Yes, there is a lot of danish, bagels, muffins, cereals, but I too prefer the proteins.

That said, I really don't think the lounge is worth the price.
But does the concierge lounge here have that stuff? It seems the consensus above is that the breakfast offering consists pretty much only of things made out of sugar and dough!

I'd consider it if they do indeed have a selection of healthy proteins and healthy fats available. But I thought it was just cereal, buns, muffins, pastries (... and insulin spikes!)

But does the concierge lounge here have that stuff? It seems the consensus above is that the breakfast offering consists pretty much only of things made out of sugar and dough!

I'd consider it if they do indeed have a selection of healthy proteins and healthy fats available. But I thought it was just cereal, buns, muffins, pastries (... and insulin spikes!)

Not a concierge lounge but Candy Cane Inn had a great variety for breakfast ( that's free) including cubed cheeses , hard boiled eggs , yogurts , fruits , cereals and your standard continental fare. It is indeed partly due to easy food costs and maintenance where continental breakfast has almost always meant "cold" breakfast. As another option , the new Homewood Suites off Harbor by Toy story lot will have Hot breakfast available too included. Concierge lounges typically keep maybe one to two hot items at a time due to food temperature and cost issues. I worked at a hotel a few years in the Marriott family. I understand about wanting other options , just the reality is the lounge offerings aren't there to be the "best" . they are to bring more money in from guests lol.

To the OP, did you use it? What was your opinion? I keep saying I am going to take pics, but I always forget.

To the OP, did you use it? What was your opinion? I keep saying I am going to take pics, but I always forget.

Based on the feedback here and on Tripadvisor, we nixed the idea of the Concierge lounge, and (happily) chose a less expensive room.

It's hard enough to eat even remotely healthy at Disneyland. But breakfast at the hotel is a great spot to be able to exercise good choices over what we and our kids will eat ... for at least one meal a day. Instead of the sugar and dough buffet (!) in the lounge, we'll spend our room savings (plus a bit more, no doubt) to order better and healthier options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter