Paradise Beach Cozumel

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by nanatink, Jul 20, 2006.

1. nanatink

nanatink DIS Veteran

:cool1: I certainly would appreciate any information someone can give me.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Vanvmom

Vanvmom Where was I going?

Just subscribing in hopes of getting some info. myself :thumbsup2

4. tamamom

tamamom Mouseketeer

I have heard great things about it on this and other websites as especially the place to go since the hurricanes. I haven't been yet either (planning to in October) but here is the website..http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net/

5. captchris

captchris Go Yankees!

Here is a link for the Paradise Beach website.

Paradise Beach

We are planning to go there on our cruise in September.

6. discruiselovers97

discruiselovers97 Mouseketeer

I am doing this excursion next week. I think. I will tell you all more info when i get back

7. nanatink

nanatink DIS Veteran

What about shopping? Do they have a souviner shop there? Where is the best place to shop in Cozumel for t shirts, towels, etc.? :cool1:

8. Jerseygirl63

Jerseygirl63 Mouseketeer

We have been to Paradise Beach twice. Very nice family beach with free admision and if you want to use the water trampoline,iceberg, kayak, etc you can purchase an $8(?) wristband. The service is great and the drinks are delicious :drinking1 You can find a lot of info on PB thru cruisecritic.com. There is a huge thread just on PB. I hope you enjoy your trip. Say hi to Tom for me!

9. NCRedding

NCRedding <font color=navy>I've strayed<br><font color=green

We have been to PB twice on our cruises. The first one was pre-Wilma--it truly was Paradise. The second time was this April. You could see the damage done, but it is still a beautiful beach. Good food and drinks.

There are t-shirts and other things for sail at the beach. We found the cutest/cheapest T-shirts being sold on the tenders to and from the ship--$5-8 per shirt.

10. Poccio

Poccio Earning My Ears

We went to Paradise Beach in April, we just got off the ship and took a taxi there ourselves. It wasn't that crowded since it wasn't an official excursion. The sand is not soft white sand, we wore water shoes. The $8 wristband will get you unlimited water toys (trampolines, climbing iceberg & I think a kayak)- DS loved the iceberg. They really want you to purchase food & drinks there but we did not receive much pressure to do so. DH & DS rented a jet ski and had a blast. I'm not sure what Cozumel looked like before Wilma but it was pretty beat up, PB was in really good shape compared to other places.

11. RCBA

RCBA Dreaming of Castaway Cay

We went to Cozumel in June and went to Paradise Beach....we were not impressed. The "sand" was not sand at all, it was finely crushed shells and coral, etc. There is also only a small area where you can get into the water without rocks right infront of you. I barely stepped into the water to keep my son from getting too close and cut my big toe pretty badly. If you are there just for the beach and swimming it would not get my recommendation, if you plan to spend most of the day playing on the water toys then it would be ok. I don't know if I have any good pics of the rock, but I'll see what I've got.

12. jenschaef1

jenschaef1 Mouseketeer

We went to PB pre hurricanes 2 years ago. DH still talks about it..he had that much fun. The food was great (no worries about getting sick) and Tom is a great host. If and when we get back to Cozumel, I'm sure that we will visit PB again.

Jennifer

13. RCBA

Here is a pic of the rock that is just a few steps into the water at PB. Keep in mind that I did not take this photo to show the rock....this was the top of a photo of my son on the beach.

[​IMG]

14. RCBA

Here is another shot. It will give you an idea of how close the rock is to the shore.

[​IMG]

I do want to add that the food was GREAT. We were not pressured to order immediately (they request that you order something for use of the chairs & umbrellas). The bathrooms are clean, and they have a shower area outside of them so that you can rinse off.

15. Love2Cruise

Love2Cruise Mouseketeer

We were also there in early June and did not find the rocks to be a problem. Maybe it depends on where the tide is. We wee able to clearly see the rocks and chose to swim in the area that was free of them. My kids had a blast on the iceberg and water trampoline. The coarseness of the sand didn't bother us either. It is alot like the texture of the sand on some northern US beaches. But the water was much warmer and much more clear. We thought it was a great beach. We also are used to wearing water shoes ever since I witnessed someone who stepped on a fish hook while swimming on a North Carolina beach.

16. eeyoregon

eeyoregon I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

17. RCBA

Our sentiments, exactly :thumbsup2

18. Gradar1

Gradar1 Mouseketeer

We went to PB in June of 2006 and loved it! The $8 wristband was a good deal--my sisters (17 and 7 at time) and I had a blast snorkeling around--although it does get really far out--at one point our mom could barely see us from shore! But the food was good--the salsa was excellent--the drinks were cold, and we had a good time. The floats were wonderful to relax on in the water, and the trampoline is fun, if you can get up on it! It was impossible for us to climb the iceberg--I guess all of us are lacking in upper body strength, but we loved going there, and I'd definitely go back.

19. Mickee

Mickee Mouseketeer

OP:
    I've never been here, but after giving the family a few scenarios on what to do, this is what they want and we are going and "will" have a great time doing it.I perused the Cruise Critic website myself many times since booking this cruise and I hear wonderful things about it, Yes there is mention of rocks in the water on one side, move down a little is what we will do,

This place was devestated by a hurricane last year and Tom the owner who I have corresponded with on Cruise Critic (PB Tom) as well as a few other locals (Coz Gal), they are honest people making an honest living on Coz.

If you have any questions go over there and post a message to the above mentioned or just read through the many reviews.

It is not Castaway Cay as mentioned in a previous post, it is Paradise Beach.

You know what they say about opinions, this is mine, and like I said, we are going to have a great time, we always do, no matter where we are.

Enjoy.

20. UMTerp

UMTerp DIS Veteran

Our family went to PB in April. We took a taxi from the pier area ($18US for the four of us). We bought wristbands for the kids and they enjoyed the iceberg, water tramps, kayaks, and floats. We had great food there! The waiters brought the food/drinks right to our small table on the beach with our chairs! My DD(8) climbed the iceberg without a problem, my DS(11) couldn't climb it but still had a great time. We did enter the water right in front of the iceberg and didn't have any problems with rocks. It was easy to get a taxi back, again $18US for the four of us.

Enjoy!

UMTerp

21. tamamom

tamamom Mouseketeer

Are there jet skis available to rent on PB?