Paradise and Magic..All Rolled into One Vacation! UD3/28 A Top 10 Wrap Up

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by mommytothreeboys, May 17, 2010.

1. mommytothreeboys

mommytothreeboys DIS Veteran

I'd love to come visit and let you give me a guided tour! I'll have to tuck that little idea away for a rainy day!

We had a great day at DTD. It was so nice to just wander with no real agenda. The weather was perfect....but made it that much harder to go home to SNOW!! :sad2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

You can write a cruise report! :rolleyes1 Put it over on the Community Board! I'll read. :goodvibes

4. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

You two were able to do a lot of stuff on your last day. I was so happy to hear that you found Mickey Mart. It may be a little hole in the wall place but I've always been able to find really nice souvenirs. I was also glad to read that you visited Basin. Doesn't it smell wonderful?!?

I am always amazed at how much our two families are alike. I will read something that you did and it's the same thing we did. You make a comment and it's the same comment I would have made. Maybe one day our paths at Disney will cross and we can actually meet.

5. mommytothreeboys

I think the same thing when reading your reports! I think our families would get along fabulously! :goodvibes

6. mom2mek

mom2mek Obsessed with Disney

Oh Missy - I feel your pain on the parade crowd craziness. :headache: It's like you know you should leave, but you debate with yourself in your own head back and forth, back and forth, and finally make a decision you have to see through. It was a tiring day for sure but the rest of the day surely is what stands out in your memory! Memories of a lifetime!!

Your last day sounds very nice - wow, snow in May?? I'm sure that was fun to hear....NOT!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us! :hug:

Sara

7. mommytothreeboys

Thanks for reading Sara! Aren't you leaving soon?? SO jealous!! ;)

8. 3princesses+aprince

3princesses+aprince DIS Veteran

Hi Missy! I know I started reading this report a few months ago but then wasn't really on the Dis much so i'll have to go back and read from where I started but I did just read the last installment! We're staying at POR this Nov/December so I enjoyed your pics there! I cannot wait to take that water taxi over to DTD.:banana: (And i've never seen a pic of those shrunken heads before, my girls will LOVE that!)

9. mommytothreeboys

Hi Pam! We love POR...we've stayed there twice as a family and it's our "home away from home"!

I'm glad to see you back on the DIS!

We are planning a very top secret SURPRISE cruise for the family in November. Leaving from Port Canaveral and hoping to get a DTD day...but looks like we'll miss you by a week or so. Our ship sails on November 27th.

10. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

I just knew you were going to say snow...YUCK! sounded like a lovely way to end your splurge on Disney and the whole week away :goodvibes

well you could make up a fake trip :rotfl: Heidi MEYPPNS does that sometimes....

11. mommytothreeboys

I plan fake vacations all the time! LOL! Unfortunately, they're not quite as much fun as the real ones! :confused3

12. mommytothreeboys

I guess after 10 months, it's finally time to wrap up this TR! :laughing: To do that, I'd like to leave you with my TOP 10 moments.....enjoy and thank you for reading!

In no particular order, these are the 10 most memorable moments from this INCREDIBLE trip.

**Our first sunset at sea.

Watching the sun dip below the horizon with nothing but gorgeous blue ocean all around you is a moment not to be forgotten!

[​IMG]

**Snorkeling at CoCo Cay.

After the fiasco of trying to snorkel in Jamaica and getting so sick I couldn't really enjoy it, I was nervous about trying again. To my surprise, I LOVED snorkeling in the Bahamas! I must have been properly medicated, because I didn't get the slightest bit sick. Although I am not generally a fan of fish, I enjoyed exploring the reef with Jeff and watching how much fun he was having! I could have done without the fish actually TOUCHING me, but I survived!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Meeting our Tablemates.

One of my favorite parts of this vacation was meeting the group of people we shared our dinner with each night on the cruise. J & K and G & T were so much fun and it was great getting to know them as we dined together each night. We also enjoyed non-dining time with them when we went to the Zoo and Botanical garden with J & K and spent our “at-sea” day with G & T. I still keep in touch with J & K even now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Walking tour of Nassau.

Jeff and I loved just setting out on our own and exploring Nassau. We were able to see some cool historical sites and enjoyed some local food. That day stands out as one of the best on the entire trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Seeing Sea Turtles and Manatee in Cocoa Beach

We walked along the pier at Jetty Park and were able to see tons of sea turtles in the water. We also went to the locks where we were lucky enough to see a manatee. Very cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Dinner at Boma and visiting AKL!

We had been looking forward to this for a long time and AKL and the dinner at Boma did not disappoint! What a gorgeous resort and one of the the best meals we've had on Disney property.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Vacation FEET!

I just thought a montage of my vacation feet pictures would be appropriate here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued in Next Post......

13. mommytothreeboys

**Opening Show at MK

I know it's silly, but this show just gives me goosebumps! It's a highlight and a must-do for every trip!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Riding Space Mountain

After missing this on our last trip due to the refurb, it was so fun to finally ride! It was our very first stop and we must have been on 4-5 times during our day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Spending uninterrupted time with the love of my life!

Sappy, I know, but it really was a special time for us to reconnect and enjoy each other. I highly recommend it to everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So...I guess that's it for this TR! Thanks so much for joining me on this beautiful and magical adventure! Till next time......

14. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

Aww Missy what a wonderful wrap up to a very cool, different and sweet TR...I loved reading along, looking at the pix and enjoying your experiences....I love the montage of vacation feet...I may just have to take a pix of my vacay feet on every trip now in tribute of you ;) and i am sure the last moment you described is your very TOP....being w/ your hubby Jeff...:hug:...makes me excited for the trip Matt and I will be taking in Oct.

Can't believe you went on Space mt up to 5 times...something not sure i could do...see you around on the boards and FB too...whenever you plan that fake trip and the next real one for 2013 I'll be here :surfweb:

Jules

15. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Awwww, I loved the Top Ten but now I'm sad that the report is over. I loved going along on the trip with you via your pictures.

16. longing2Batdisney

longing2Batdisney DIS Veteran

Wonderful recap Missy!
    I really enjoyed traveling along with you and Jeff!
    sad to see it end...but, now you get to start planning for your next "surprise" adventure, that will be so much fun for you guys!

Have a wonderful day! :wave:

17. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Great top 10 & recap! It's been fun following along! :goodvibes

18. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

Great wrap-up Missy!:goodvibes I really enjoyed reading your report!:thumbsup2 And how exciting to be looking forward to a cruise this fall!:yay: I don't know if I could hold it in and keep it a surprise from the boys. I think I would burst from excitement.:rotfl: