Parade venting

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by WellingtonR, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WellingtonR

WellingtonR Earning My Ears

On Monday at magic kingdom and today at animal kingdom i couldn't believe the number of parents/adults that would stand in the front rows along the parade route making it very hard for kids to see. If you would sit down with your child in your lap it would be more enjoyable for everyone. Monday at magic kingdom, i was 4 deep and i sat down with my child so the people behind me could see....but nooooo.....there were these group of parents in the front that stood right behind their children. Just rude if you ask me!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2Agree with you totally- even worse..... those who put there kids on there shoulders at the cinderella castle shows!!! There are some who will argue that "they got there first" and feel entitled to block everyone else, but I agree that if everyone thought about others....yeah- not going to happen:sad2:

4. disneydad78

disneydad78 <font color=red>DDC #106<br><font color=purple>Mor

I ahve to agree, but you must understand, there are several countries where they dont care or even know about what your talking about. Trust me I hate it also.

5. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I don't understand your statement. Would you care to elaborate?

6. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

We're here now, see children sitting on the curb with parents standing behind them - really can't see what the big deal is :confused3 This is the way most parade viewing is done (at Disney anyway). I, personally don't like to sit on the hard cement, and as long as you get there with your children seated in front of you early, don't really see what the OP's problem is. You're not blocking anyone - it's the people that come late and expect their children to have perfect viewing that has the issues. Just get there earlier, and seat your children (and yourselves, if you like) and you will have perfect viewing. :goodvibes

7. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

I am sorry but I have as much right to the front row as a child. If I get there early enough to get a spot at the curb I should be able to see the parade. If there is room beside me I will let a small child stand there. It may be an adults one and only time to see the parade and why should a child that gets there later get the better spot.

I don't think parents that stand in the front should put their children on their shoulders. I also think if you are going to use an ipad to take pictures you should be aware of the people around you.

Walt created the parks for children of all ages.

8. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

Bottom line--you want a front row seat, get there early enough to secure one. You cannot dictate to others whether they can sit or stand.

9. SmileEar2Ear

SmileEar2Ear Mouseketeer

I don't know if I consider standing to be rude. I always sit on the curb with my kids, but my parents (they aren't old) aren't comfortable sitting so they stand behind us. If we have been there for an hour waiting for a parade I don't think they are being rude to be able to enjoy the parade near their family even if it means standing. Last time we actually had a woman force her child through us and tried to squish him between my sitting daughter and son on the curb. I explained that we were all one group and wanted to be near eachother. Their whole group went bonkers about how horrible we were!?! I just calmly explained that we had waited a long time to watch the parade so we were going to do it as a family. Now kids on shoulders does bother me...

10. KellyNY

KellyNY DIS Veteran

What is wrong with standing?:confused3 You want to have a perfect view, get there early enough.

11. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Twice in a week? What's going on? ;)

12. mad madam mim78

mad madam mim78 DIS Veteran

Yeah I learned a long time ago to get to the parade line early or no good views for us. Just the way it is.

13. KellyNY

KellyNY DIS Veteran

:sad2: I guess this is one of those countries then.:confused3

14. MKRuns 26

MKRuns 26 Mouseketeer

Thats a bingo!! (Best movie quote ever)

15. KellyNY

KellyNY DIS Veteran

I am scared.;)

16. GeorgeG

GeorgeG <font color=blue>Stumped for 2005<br><font color=r

My pet peeves are the people who lean into you, shove their kids in front of you, and hold their video cameras in from of your face. Fortunately, I've seen the parades a lot so I'm happier watching from a distance. I'm sure it works out better for the rude people who would tick me off, too.

17. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

When I'm standing, I'm watching the parade. When I'm sitting, I'm not watching.

Or is it the other way around...?

18. niffer5150

niffer5150 Mouseketeer

it costs me nothing to take 5 seconds to make sure i'm not blocking someones view or in the way. i either sit down or move. Disney is a once in a lifetime trip for some people. some people may never get the chance to see that parade again. yes, while i may have the "right" to stand there and be a huge jerk, i'd rather be kind and thoughtful to those around me. if everyone thought about those around them, there'd be little need to fight to get yours.

19. Victoria3

Victoria3 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I like photographing the parades so I be sure to get there early and stand the whole time. Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

20. KimBeano

KimBeano Mouseketeer

Even if I have waited a long time for a spot it would break my heart to see a little kid behind me not being able to see. I usually try to make a spot for them to wedge by my kids. It wasn't the kids fault they were born to non-planners. Lol!!

21. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Call me a jerk, but a lack of planning on someone else's part is not my problem. If a kid wants to come up in front of me while I stand--fine. All you gotta do is ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.