• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paper navigator.

If $ is an issue for DCL, just charge for it. I'd gladly pay for it everyday.
Charge say $10 a day for it, that way a lot of ppl will skip it and most will continue using the app.
It can't be an environmental issue - paper is easily reciclable & the footprint is minimal compared with all the plastic that's wasted onboard.

I'm used to the app now and I use my phone all the time for a variety of things on and off the ship, but I still very much prefer the paper navigator - When the paper navigator was available I almost never used my phone. On the paper navigator days I even took a digital camera with me to take pics instead of the phone.
I miss those days.
Well, I want the paper navigators back, but not for $10 a day! Maybe 10 cents a day, which is about 8 cents more than it costs them.

Yeah I can't say that I'd pay for a paper Navigator and quite frankly I don't think I should have to. It seems to me that other paperwork still arrived in the room, so what savings is really being generated by not printing a paper navigator - I would argue very little. Someone still has to create the schedule. It's just the strangest thing to me. The idea of making seniors ask at GS every day to use a bigger device or to get a contraband copy? Nonsense.

Just sailed on Holland America - paper programs still delivered every day despite the app also having all of this info. Oh, and bonus, when you messaged someone on the HAL chat app, they actually got the message right away. Imagine that.

I remember tons of paper work on the Disney cruise a few years back; what´s one more. It was nice on the Celebrity ship not to be inundated with junk papers. Why can´t they print some to keep at gs for those who want to get one? That would be a nice compromise.

Why can´t they print some to keep at gs for those who want to get one? That would be a nice compromise.
That's what they were doing before the Covid-19 shutdowns. When I sailed on the Fantasy in December, 2019, they had already stopped distributing the Navigators to every room, but they kept a stack of them at Guest Services for anyone that wanted one. I put in a request at GS to have my room host deliver a Navigator each evening and that worked great. I'd love to see this system come back!

Well, I want the paper navigators back, but not for $10 a day! Maybe 10 cents a day, which is about 8 cents more than it costs them.
Exactly.
95-99% of ppl won't pay that so why not make it available to the 50-100 guests that will.
Revenue stream (negligible tbf) + minor impact environmentally. 100 paper navigators are way less impactful than the water bottles, lids, novelty cups and other plastics used on a daily basis.
But I'm being naive - I know they won't come back. I'm just venting.

But I'm being naive - I know they won't come back. I'm just venting.
I must be naive too, because I think Disney is going to have to bring them back. Just seems to be enough push back from cruisers. Sort of like "included" soda. They resisted the push from cruisers who thought a cruise line that targets kids, should be including soft drinks. But finally they changed course. They do read those comment cards.

They stopped issuing paper Navigators even on request.
Does anyone happen to know if you can see the Navigator before the actual cruise leaves? We've never been on a 7-day halloween cruise (it's on the Fantasy), and I'm trying to get an idea of what the days are like. Thank you!

Does anyone happen to know if you can see the Navigator before the actual cruise leaves? We've never been on a 7-day halloween cruise (it's on the Fantasy), and I'm trying to get an idea of what the days are like. Thank you!
While it wouldn't be the actual Navigator for your cruise, you can see past cruise Navigators for an idea of activities here:
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

They're back!!! Kind of, anyway.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-cruise-from-port-canaveral-november-11-2022/

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp...rs-Wish-3N-Bahamian-Day-2-At-Sea-20221112.pdf

Not as colorful and fancy as before, but I'm fine with a simple grid available on request for people that want one. Maybe they're listening after all!
This was exactly what I needed to have them offer. Sure-I would love the original version because I really did keep them from each cruise as part of our memory box from vacations but for my own brain/organization skills this will do! I can easily see all the information for the day and make plans without being tied to the phone and having to scroll through different sections to find what I need. I still use the app to check things/look for changes but my visual brain needs this to plan.

Refer back to the other thread on this subject and also see Scott's tweet. THey have brought them back in simplistic form and they are available upon request
Why are you quoting something I said back in September? It was accurate then, and there have been subsequent posts that have updated the policy.

Bumping - has anyone been able to get a paper navigator on a ship other than the Wish? The grid format is so helpful for my kids to compare oceaneers club activities/character greetings and shows. On the app it looks like they don't even tell you which character is meeting, just that there is one.

Bumping - has anyone been able to get a paper navigator on a ship other than the Wish? The grid format is so helpful for my kids to compare oceaneers club activities/character greetings and shows. On the app it looks like they don't even tell you which character is meeting, just that there is one.
YES! we just got off the Fantasy and we got them every day. Our room host couldn't deliver them until the next day when he made up the room but they were available after 8 AM that day (not pm) at guest services. They are not the old grid style but still very helpful. I will be scanning them and sending them to Scot to post soon.

edited to correct time available.

We requested them at Guest Services on the Dream last week and they were on our door hook every night for the following day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter