Paper doll disign help - your talent needed

Discussion in 'Creative DISigns' started by SpectroMouse, Jul 6, 2009.

1. SpectroMouse

SpectroMouse Mouseketeer

Okay talented designers I need your help! I have found a really cute website for creating paper dolls. (SEE BELOW) I need your help to Disney it up! I would like to make a set for my little boy (3) for our plane ride. I am thinking I will print it out on magnetic paper so the tabs will not be necessary.

The website says you can 'colorize and decorate them using your favorite graphics program on your computer' but I have absolutely no idea how to do that! Anyone up for the project? I would LOVE a Mickey T-shirt and set of Mickey ears, but am open to anything you would like to create. He loves Mickey, Tigger, and Buzz Lightyear but I know beggars can't be choosy.

On a side note, how I wish I had a daughter as well. It would open up so many princessy opportunities!

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/paperdolls/tp/paperdolls.htm

Thanks for looking and please help and design away!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. milliepie

milliepie I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.

I thought it would be fun to try, so I did! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. brandilee8299

brandilee8299 Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, these are amazing and you did them so quickly! Would you be interested in doing more? I have a daughter (3 yr. old), so some girly ones would be appreciated--minnie, princesses (any), Tink, etc. How about some costume characters that both boys and girls would enjoy-- pooh and gang, the fab 5, toy story. Just a thought. This is awesome! Thanks for the OP for the great idea!!

5. milliepie

Here are these for now... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. dizneechic

dizneechic DIS Veteran

Wooooo. :lovestruc I can print these out on magnetic paper about 75% the size and use on my dd's Melissa & Doug magnetic dress up dolls. princess:

7. SpectroMouse

SpectroMouse Mouseketeer

OP here - Millipie, WOW! WOW!
    WOW! I can't believe how quickly you did these! You are incredible! I LOVE all the outfits! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :thumbsup2

8. VBAndrea

VBAndrea DIS Veteran

Could someone please enlighten me about magnetic paper? Does it work for an ink jet printer? Is it pricey? Where do you buy it (likely Michaels or ACMoore)?

9. milliepie

You're welcome, I'm so glad you like them! They were really fun to do, and I'm working on some more for you.

I've yet to buy magnetic paper for our magnets, but I hear you can get them at Michael's, some wal-mart stores and I'm pretty sure Office supply stores. It's 12 dollars for 5 sheets I think was said. Someone said they got some at their dollar tree. NOt sure about the jet printer, anyone else?

Here are a couple more "outfits" for girls...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dizneechic

dizneechic DIS Veteran

Dharma trading also carries magnetic paper:
    http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/6815436-AA.shtml?lnav=transfers.html
    Yes you can run them through the printer and they work great.

Another option for making them is to use sticky magnet sheets and print the images on a heavyweight paper. Then do a rough trimming of the magnet sheet and stick the image on to the sticky side of the magnet, finish off by trimming to size, and then I use an acrylic clear coat spray to give them a more of a polished finish. This way you don't need to peel the extra sticky protective paper off what your not using and can use the scrap magnet for the smaller items.

11. milliepie

Adding a few more. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jbm02

jbm02 DIS Veteran

Cariann
    I have ALOT of little girls on our FE. Plus magnets to make. What is more economical - printing or cutting??
    By the way, these are awesome!!

13. bear74

bear74 DIS Veteran

Oh these are so cute.

14. milliepie

15. dreaming-of-disney

dreaming-of-disney mama of 2 disney princesses

These are too cute! Can't wait to see more. Could you do a girl with short blond hair?

16. milliepie

17. dato63

dato63 DIS Veteran

Oh my these are adorable.

Last year I bought magnetic play sets for my DDs to play with in the car, during our 16 hour drive to disney. This year, I think I'm going to print these out on magnetic paper for them - they are sooo darn cute.

I bought magnetic paper (Avery) from Amazon when they have sales. I bought a bunch for cruise magnets, but have some sheets left over . . .and now they have a purpose. :)

Thank you OP for asking. And Milliepie thank you for sharing your talent. My DDs are going to love them!

18. dreaming-of-disney

dreaming-of-disney mama of 2 disney princesses

Thanks, Milliepie.
    Your'e the best!:)

19. dogodisney

dogodisney DIS Veteran

These are too cute and making them into magnets is a great idea. :thumbsup2

20. mom3g1b

mom3g1b Earning My Ears

Can someone explain the magnetic paer thing..I'm not getting it!

Can someone also make a pare girl with LONG brown hair and BLUE eyes?

You guys are awesome!!!!!So Talented.

21. jtanddolly

jtanddolly DIS Veteran

You can buy magentic paper at an office supply store or some craft stores that you can run through your printer to print these on. Then you cut out the images and you are able to stick these on refrigerators or any metal surface to "dress" the dolls. If you are going to use them while you are traveling you could take a cookie sheet for your children to put the "paper dolls" on and dress. Hope that makes more sense.