Pancakes

lrmillen

Mouseketeer
I just tried a recipe for peanut butter pancakes because it sounded really good...but they were actually really awful. i couldn't figure out what i did wrong. But if anyone has a recipe for this or any other type of interesting pancakes i'd be much obliged. thanks. :)

Where did you get the recipe for the peanut butter pancakes? My sister just sent me one she got from a magazine, but it may be the same. I was going to make them this weekend.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Banana Nut Pancakes

Recipe By :Taste of Home
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 ounces cream cheese -- softened
1/2 cup whipped topping
1 cup pancake mix
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium ripe banana -- mashed
1/2 cup chopped pecans

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in whipped topping (mixture will be stiff); set aside.
In a bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. beat egg, milk and oil; add to pancake mix and mix well. Fold in banana and pecans.
Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.
serve with cream topping.

Oatmeal Pancakes

Recipe By :Love In Spoonfuls Cookbook
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast Breads

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs -- beaten

Mix together the oats and buttermilk (use more or less buttermilk depending on the thickness desired).
Beat in remaining ingredients.

Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes

Recipe By :Christin
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast Breakfast Breads

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons oil

In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
In another bowl beat to blend milk, pumpkin, eggs and oil. Add flour mixture and stir until just blended.

thanks for the ideas everyone. i got the peanut butter pancake recipe out of a parenting magazine. i remember the recipe because it was so easy.

3/4 peanut butter
3/4 cup water
1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
1 tablespoon butter

something like that. looking back i think i was supposed to add these ingedients to a batter already prepared by the box directions. but no where in the directions did they say that. (now i feel dumb for not assuming that) it just said to mix all ingredients in a bowl. anyway - i added a boatload of milk to make them runnier. good luck. :)

Yep, that's the same recipe. It doesn't say to prepare the batter first, just mix all ingredients in a bowl. So don't feel dumb for following their directions the way they were written. I read it the same way. Were they better after adding milk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter