Panama Canal Eastbound Sept. 14, 2013--it'll be WONDER-ful

Hi! I am Pahrumpgirl, Carol. My DH, Doug, and I just signed up for this cruise today. We did the PC in 2008 going west so it will be fun to do it the other way. We are good friends with Mommaluvsdis and have sailed many times with her and Steve. They were going to go with us in 2008 but had to back out. I am really glad we are able to do this one together. ��

Welcome Carol and Doug!!! Hope you don't mind, but can I consider you our go-to DIS cruisers when we have a question or two? DH Dave, cruise buddy, Carla, and I are on the Wonder for the LA-Vancouver sailing which is 9/9/13. Looking forward to 19 days aboard the Wonder! :thumbsup2

We, too, have cruised with Denise and Steve. Small cruise world.

Jan

popping in to say hello ... the hubba and I are hoping to book this cruise later in the fall while we're on the Fantasy; have been wanting a PC cruise for a number of years but the timing has always been wrong.

I will be lurking until I know whether or not we're official - enjoy your planning! :goodvibes

Brenda

Brenda, have a great cruise on the Fantsy and don't forget to go to deck 4 to book this cruise! Have fun!

Jan

JanDave said:
Welcome Carol and Doug!!! Hope you don't mind, but can I consider you our go-to DIS cruisers when we have a question or two? DH Dave, cruise buddy, Carla, and I are on the Wonder for the LA-Vancouver sailing which is 9/9/13. Looking forward to 19 days aboard the Wonder! :thumbsup2

We, too, have cruised with Denise and Steve. Small cruise world.

Jan

Of course. I am more than happy to help anyway I can. This is Steve and Denise's first time through the PC so she is already picking my brain. My best advise is something that I didn't learn until after I got home and saw other's pictures. Don't stay in one place too long. There is a lot happening on the ship and off during the crossing and if you stay in one place you will miss it.

Just booked this cruise. We've always wanted to do the PC and thought it was going to be on HAL, but the price on Disney was too good to pass up. The port list is sparse and relatively uninteresting, but we love the experience on board so that works out okay for us.

We're in the Walt Disney suite and would be interested in hosting a wine tasting party one of the sea days if there's enough interest. We've done this on other cruises and always had a good time. We basically ask each person/couple to bring a bottle of wine to share. We get wine glasses from the ship and occasionally appetizers and finger foods too. It's a great social event, usually leads to a lot of wine education for everyone, and offers a chance for folks to see the Cat R.

Welcome! Glad to have you along. I just recently joined on and I can tell it seems as if we're are cruising with a very nice group of people.

I would be interested in doing the wine tasting as I've yet to meet one I really liked. I know there has to be one out there somewhere!;)

Have a great morning!

Welcome to the new cruisers!

I will be able to post more when the my life calms down a bit. Between softball and 4-H, we are constantly going. Softball ends this week.

We would love to do a wine tasting! We haven't done one on board since our last PC cruise. We had that one in Rockin Bar D and filled the bar with bottles of wine. We have also done smaller tastings.

I plan on going all over the ship this time through. The last time, DD was so little and she had a cold so couldn't go to Flounder's that day. This time, she is going to want to see everything!!

If you have a balcony, they take pictures of you. We have one from our last PC cruise.

I am looking foward to the 14-day cruise. Our last cruise in May was only 5 days. We hadn't been on one that short since we first started cruising.

I need to check out the roll call on the first page.

Denine said:
Welcome to the new cruisers!

I will be able to post more when the my life calms down a bit. Between softball and 4-H, we are constantly going. Softball ends this week.

We would love to do a wine tasting! We haven't done one on board since our last PC cruise. We had that one in Rockin Bar D and filled the bar with bottles of wine. We have also done smaller tastings.

I plan on going all over the ship this time through. The last time, DD was so little and she had a cold so couldn't go to Flounder's that day. This time, she is going to want to see everything!!

If you have a balcony, they take pictures of you. We have one from our last PC cruise.

I am looking foward to the 14-day cruise. Our last cruise in May was only 5 days. We hadn't been on one that short since we first started cruising.

I need to check out the roll call on the first page.

Nice to have another PC cruiser to bounce ideas off. We not only got our picture taken on our balcony but we got one on Deck 4 for those that don't have balconies. Saw a really neat picture where someone was on Deck three and watched the wall through the porthole, as the ship went down. Looked like it would be fun to see.

Doug and I would like to do the wine tasting, too.

I remember the days of running here and there for my boys. I wish I had realized then that was the good times.

Enjoy and treasure the time!

I just updated the Roll Call. Thank you to those who PM'd me with more info. Please let me know if I need to add/delete/change anything.

Welcome Oybolshoi, hope you do end up joining us!
Welcome Iceman93, sign me up for wine tasting! Can't wait to see the suite. Very generous of you to let us all get a peek.

Just booked this cruise. We've always wanted to do the PC and thought it was going to be on HAL, but the price on Disney was too good to pass up. The port list is sparse and relatively uninteresting, but we love the experience on board so that works out okay for us.

We're in the Walt Disney suite and would be interested in hosting a wine tasting party one of the sea days if there's enough interest. We've done this on other cruises and always had a good time. We basically ask each person/couple to bring a bottle of wine to share. We get wine glasses from the ship and occasionally appetizers and finger foods too. It's a great social event, usually leads to a lot of wine education for everyone, and offers a chance for folks to see the Cat R.

Would love to do a wine tasting, maybe everyone could bring a bottle from their home area, I am sure most of you have not tasted or heard of Minnesota wineries.

Welcome Iceman and Family!

Thanks for the invite. Count us in on the wine tasting. Northern Michigan is getting recognition for its wineries and wine.

Jan

One softball tournament game done. Next one tomorrow night. I fully expected our team to lose last night since we only won 1 game all season, but we trounced the other team. Tomorrow is for the championship. I expect to lose that one, but if we manage to win, we play again on Friday against the winner of another city. We are in a pony tail city league. Our city only has 4 teams, so we also play against another city with more teams.

Today we actually have no plans. I think it is the only day this week!

We are booked Too!!! On a 6A HC room.

It will be DW Joy DMIL Ruth & I (Mark) (2 rooms lol)

We were booked on the WBPC, it worked out better for us. & saved about $1600.00 for the same room!

It will be ""Bingo's" 6th Cruise.

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

We were booked on the WBPC, it worked out better for us. & saved about $1600.00 for the same room!

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

Welcome, Mark, Joy, Bingo and DMIL!!!!

Mark, a few years ago, we were scheduled to be on the same cruise. I think I had to cancel that cruise due to my cruise buddy's medical condition.

Glad you saved $$$. Hoping DCL offers incentives next year for this cruise. For the December 2012 PC cruise, they're offering $985/person GTY inside stateroom. For that price, I would take the risk of not choosing my own stateroom. This cruise, we're in a SPH stateroom.

Jan

Hi and welcome aboard!

Please forgive me but I may get tearyeyed when I see Bingo. He looks just like my beloved Famous only Famous was about half Bingo's size. He lived to be 18 and we had him from the time he was 6 weeks old.

Glad to be cruising with you all!

Paragd911 said:

Welcome to all of you, including Bingo. My DH and I did the Westbound in 2008. It will be fun to it from the other direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter