Palo - Would you recommend Palo brunch and high tea

Brunch, yes. High tea, no, unless you like tea (you would have to pay for specialty tea at the Cove too) or you just like sitting in Palo. Don't go for the food. The mini sandwiches were available in the Cove Cafe and the Outlook (on the Wonder) for no extra charge and the scones were not that impressive - they were OK but I've had much better scones. Some of my party got to the tea late because they were hung up at the galley tour, and Palo had run out of scones, so they didn't get any. Apparently they don't make the scones in Palo because our server said he would run downstairs to try and get some more.

This was when the tea cost $5. At $10, forget it.

Our brunch was awesome!! I loved it. There was so much variety and it was different then the dinner selection! I would definitely do brunch. I was going to try High Tea but have to wait and see if we can get it on the ship.

Loved our brunch when we did it last year and counting down the days til we can book it for Alaska cruise ;)

Didn't do high tea, but was able to enjoy both a brunch and a dinner with my Wife at Palo on our last cruise.

Brunch was fantastic. We were torn at the time as to whether we would pick brunch or dinner if we could only choose one, and three weeks later, I don't think the choice has become and clearer with hindsight.

In answer to an earlier question, I recall that they only serve brunch on the "at sea" days.

Well if I HAD to pick, I mean absolutely HAD to, I would chose dinner for the lemon vodka sherbert shots alone!
Didn't do high tea, but was able to enjoy both a brunch and a dinner with my Wife at Palo on our last cruise.

Brunch was fantastic. We were torn at the time as to whether we would pick brunch or dinner if we could only choose one, and three weeks later, I don't think the choice has become and clearer with hindsight.

In answer to an earlier question, I recall that they only serve brunch on the "at sea" days.

The brunch is very good, the high tea not so much. I would suggest you skip the high tea.

I have read that the price of brunch & dinner is going up to $20. The price of high tea is going up to $10.

Yes, they just raised the prices on our recent cruise on Jan 29:sad2: That said, dinner at Palo for $20 is definately still worth it. We enjoyed the brunch too but I personally enjoyed the dinner experience more. Have not tried the tea but I think $10 for tea is a bit much for what you get...

I've done the brunch and would totally do it again. Now a question - I'm very interested in trying the chocolate souffle that, I understand, is unique to Palo dinner. Would they be willing to prepare it at a brunch if we asked oh, so nicely?
Ann

We chose the brunch and I can't imagine the high tea comparing. I ate and ate and ate and it was all delicious. I made back my $20 on caviar and lox alone, LOL!

That said, I would like to try the high tea one day. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd take the brunch for sure.

We've never done the Palo high tea, just the brunch and dinner (I have done high tea at the Grand Floridian). I'd pick the brunch every time. On our last cruise, I had Eggs Julia at brunch (among many other yummy things) and had to restrain myself from picking up the plate and licking it clean (it's like eggs Benedict but with smoked salmon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter