Palo vs. Remy

5xdisneyfans

Mouseketeer
Would like to have a nice lunch with DH on one of the days at sea but trying to figure out which is better Palo or Remy? What's the difference? Only been on one Disney cruise before for a 4 nighter and didn't explore either. Next cruise is a 7 night on the Fantasy. Thanks

Both are very good, but different. You might want to read a couple of reviews that I did for FoodieTales. Just click on the links in my Sig below.

The Remy champagne brunch is very nice, but very French and quite formal. It is a fixed menu, with all table service.

Palo's brunch is much more relaxed and, as with Palo dinner, focuses on comfort food, excellently done. There is a buffet of antipasti, salads, and seafood as well as about a dozen hot dishes you can order from the kitchen, ranging from pizzas to breakfast items (eggs Benedict, eggs Julia, etc) to lunch entrees (chicken parm, risotto...the lasagna is KILLER). After all that, you go back for dessert buffet with tiramisu, cannoli, and many other treats.

Was wondering the same thing...

The Remy champagne brunch is very nice, but very French and quite formal. It is a fixed menu, with all table service.

Palo's brunch is much more relaxed and, as with Palo dinner, focuses on comfort food, excellently done. There is a buffet of antipasti, salads, and seafood as well as about a dozen hot dishes you can order from the kitchen, ranging from pizzas to breakfast items (eggs Benedict, eggs Julia, etc) to lunch entrees (chicken parm, risotto...the lasagna is KILLER). After all that, you go back for dessert buffet with tiramisu, cannoli, and many other treats.

So remy's brunch is not like buffet/ayce/self serve?

Ended up w/remy brunch and dinner! B/c we've done both palo brunch and dinner on our previous cruises...

Wanted to do palo just for familiarity and nostalgia...but looking forward to the new experiences at remy!!! :flower:

Remy is fantastic and would be my choice between the two. We are sailing on the Magic this summer, and have a Palo brunch and dinner booked.

Would like to have a nice lunch with DH on one of the days at sea but trying to figure out which is better Palo or Remy? What's the difference? Only been on one Disney cruise before for a 4 nighter and didn't explore either. Next cruise is a 7 night on the Fantasy. Thanks

There is a whole world of differences between Palo and Remy. Quality wise as well. I thought Palo was slightly better than a "restaurant chain". Remy was outstanding.

If you have to pick only one, Remy is the place to go. hands down.

Remy is a world-class dining experience, and would be my choice. We've had dinner and brunch at Remy, and dinner at Palo. We thought Palo was fine, and we enjoyed it, but it wouldn't be remarkable if it wasn't on a ship.

I will be on the Dream for four nights in September, just two adults. Sailing concierge and I plan on eating two nights in Palo and two nights in Remy.
Would the champagne brunch be too much on a Palo dinner night?

For those that book the brunch, do you feel you don't have much relaxing during the first part of the day since you have to get ready for brunch?

Is Remy brunch served on the day you board?

Thank you.

You mention lunch, not dinner, so I'm not sure if you're only considering brunch at Remy or Palo? Or is dinner an option for you? I will state up front that I have not had brunch at either place (I finally booked a Palo brunch for this August), so I won't attempt to speak to that. As for dinner, as others have said, they are incredibly different. Personally I agree with those who find that Palo, while very nice, if not remarkable. Remy is very upscale and dinner there is not a meal, it is an experience (think more like Vic and Alberts at GF). Remy definitely has a more formal, "foodie" vibe, so consider your personal tastes in that sense too if you are considering dinner at either restaurant. In the end, you aren't going to be disappointed with either!

We did dinner at both. I preferred Remy, but the rest of our party preferred Palo.

Remy is an entire experience.... It's a 2-3 hour meal. Much of the food will be totally unfamiliar. It is paradise for a "foodie" who wants to experience totally new tastes. The service is a step beyond. It is a true luxury experience at every level. And you might walk out thinking, "that was one of the most memorable meals of my life."

Palo is "just a meal." I don't mean this in a bad way. The other members of my party preferred having just a meal, as opposed to a 2-3 hour experience. It is a nice upscale meal. You will recognize the dishes, as being fine dining Italian (not Pizza and spaghetti Italian). The flavors are familiar. It is very good good, very good service, in a very nice atmosphere. You will walk out feeling like you ate a very nice restaurant. If you have less adventurous taste buds, you might actually prefer the taste of the food at Palo over Remy.

I know OP asked about brunch, but these reflect my dinner experiences.

I can only comment on the dinners as I have never done brunch. Remy is like fine French dining in the best restaurant in NYC, Palo is like eating at a good Italian Restaurant in your neighborhood. I like Palo well enough, and I think its much better than what you can get at the MDRs and well worth the $25 upcharge(or whatever it is now). Remy however is like eating at one of the priciest restaurants in NYC or Paris. I couldn't believe how amazing it was. I was totally blown away and I have been to the best restaurants in NYC and consider myself a foodie. So if you can do both, its totally worth the splurge.

your description of Palo in your blog on the Wonder is almost exactly our experience at dinner and brunch 2 weeks ago on the Wonder... thanks for sharing
Both are very good, but different. You might want to read a couple of reviews that I did for FoodieTales. Just click on the links in my Sig below.

Remy wins on a knockout.

Palo typical Italian inspired food, Remy dinner high end dinner theatre.

Wow, very much a matter of taste. We loved the atmosphere at Remy, and the service, but I hated the food (DW thought it was just OK). And we have been to very nice French restaurants before and loved the food there. On the other hand, we never miss Palo brunch and dinner, both are excellent. Since the brunch is a buffet at Palo, it is an elegant but relaxed experience, which fits perfectly into a DCL sea day.

Both are great, but if I had to pick, I would choose to have brunch at Remy (with the champagne pairings). I left happy and satisfied after Remy, whereas I left Palo feeling like I ate far too much.

I think we will do Remy brunch so we can still have dinner with all the family. Can't wait to book it. Hope it doesn't book up to fast for the days at sea because that is what I want. I also want to book the princess tea party for my daughter on one of the other days at sea. Hope I can get both on different days.

I will be on the Dream for four nights in September, just two adults. Sailing concierge and I plan on eating two nights in Palo and two nights in Remy.
Would the champagne brunch be too much on a Palo dinner night?

For those that book the brunch, do you feel you don't have much relaxing during the first part of the day since you have to get ready for brunch?

Is Remy brunch served on the day you board?

Thank you.
I have no idea if it'll be "too much" but I am pretty sure that the brunch is not done on embarkation day - just on the at sea days. Anyone else know?

I really enjoy both Palo brunch and dinner. I find it to be very elegant, but not too fancy. We will be on the Fantasy in August, and although I thought about doing Remy, I decided against it as I think the food will be too fancy for me and I have no desire to pack for the required dress code. I'm sure it's very good, but I just don't think its for us...to each their own!

Aby

To me, the first thing to consider is what type of cuisine you'll enjoy more. For my wife and I, we really enjoy Italian and are not so big on French. Based on that, we always pick Palo for brunch and dinner. If you don't have a preference, then (leaving price out of the question) the reviews on Remy would probably tilt the decision that direction.

We go on our 6th cruise tomorrow, have visited Palo for brunch and dinner on each one, and have always enjoyed it thoroughly. As long as you know what you like, you should have a great time no matter what you choose to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter