Palo tipping?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by plutojudy, Jan 21, 2013.

1. plutojudy

plutojudy Needs sunshine and seas.

Do we tip cash or on our KTTW card?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Either is fine.

4. Four Swampers

Four Swampers Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

First, you do not have to tip beyond the $20. According to DCL website, the $20 includes gratuity for the server. That being said, I always add an additional gratuity. I would love to know what other people give. I usually give an additional $10 per person, although I have given more. That gratuity is easily placed on your shipboard account with your KTTW card.

5. NurseDave

NurseDave Mouseketeer

I have heard people tipping more as well. I much prefer the preset tips so it doesn't turn into a big game. I don't want to be cheap, but also don't need to double tip if the staff is already getting a respectable amount.

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

We have been told by a CM that the tip that the servers gets from the $20 upcharge is less than $5. DCL will absolutely not release this info, so there is no way to verify if it is accurate. I have no reason to doubt it, and the fact that I was given a "down to the penny" figure made it seem more believable. (He didn't say "less than $5, he said something like" $4.77."

DLC says in one place that the tip is included in the upcharge, but in another place adds the notation that many guests choose to leave additional gratuity.

We typically add $10 per person. Do remember that if you order any bar items, a 15% gratuity is already added to their cost.

And yes, you can place it on the KTTW card or leave cash.

7. DisSarahK

DisSarahK Missing Mickey...

We tipped an additional $15 or $20 (total) for our brunch at Palo and put it on our KTTW card. We did not have any alcohol (even declined the champagne) and I ate just strawberry soup, bread, and dessert. My husband had the same plus one other dish. We were pretty low key.