Palo Solo?

Praise2Him

DIS Veteran
Even though I'm married, our cruise is a Mom/Daughter only trip (she's 14). I hadn't even considered Palo, but I'm wondering, does anyone eat there alone, or is it all couples and groups? I don't mind eating alone in restaurants and would kinda like to try it, but don't want to feel out of place and don't want to take up space that someone else could've had. Any experience with this?

I don't have personal experience, but when I was there I did see single diners. The service at Palo is so extraordinary that I am quite confident in saying they will make you feel extremely welcome!

Praise2Him, another option is to check out the cruise meet thread that I'm sure exists for your cruise. You might find some other adult solo travelers that would enjoy having a friend to dine at Palo with. On our cruise we had a single mom traveling with her 6 yo son and another mom traveling with her 13 yo daughter as well as a couple of sisters that were traveling togother. They all hooked up for brunch at Palo with a couple of other folks and enjoyed themselves.

This option might give you the opportunity of a meal with adult conversation although I'm sure you'll have a ball on your Mom/Daughter cruise. My DD and I did a Mom/Daughter train trip from Dallas to St. Louis to check out colleges when she was 17. We absolutely had a ball. Brought back a Father's Day gift for Dad since we left him behind working. She's 25 now and on the Magic but we still talk about our train trip.

I agree, there are many solo diners and I believe Palo is a favourite for a "meet". Besides, the servers in Palo like to chat to guests and you will find it a magical dinging experience!Nat:Pinkbounc

So will they put me at a table with other singles or will I be by myself unless I find some others on my own? That's a good suggestion, CM_Mom, it would be neat to meet some other people!

Originally posted by Praise2Him
So will they put me at a table with other singles or will I be by myself unless I find some others on my own? That's a good suggestion, CM_Mom, it would be neat to meet some other people!

I ate solo at Palo on the May 16 Wonder cruise and it was delightful. I hardly can say I was solo for all the attention from Constantin, with whom I discussed the best wines to go with the dinner I had ordered, the view from the window I was seated at, the ship construction, the other servers, funny stories, the care and feeding of his dog, his brother's dog, and my dog...It's a wonder I had time to eat for all the conversations...It couldn't be my winning personality that attracted all this attention and I have heard other solos refer to not feeling solo at all at Palo. If you do not find others to dine with do not fear the solo trap...At Palo it doesn't exist...the servers will make sure of it...

Yes, you can do Palo as a solo. I travel as a single parent all the time. If you don't want to do dinner, don't miss High Tea.

Palo will only seat you with another person with your permission (in advance). If you have not set something up with someone from the boards (and made your reservations that way), you will be seated alone. You will get lots of attention and not be lonely.

I actually got a second Palo ressie by calling on the day of..to see if anything was open. They said that I could come IF I'd share a table with another lady who had requested someone to dine with her. It actually worked well.

You wouldn't feel out of place at all....Palo is great!

I sail with my husband, but if I ever sailed solo, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Palo. It is wonderful! They will treat you great and make you feel comfortable. But as others have said, you may find someone to join up with before the cruise. We have done that on past trips and really enjoyed meeting single DISers. You might also meet some people at your regular dinner table to join up with at Palo. If not, enjoy your solo experience. Palo is not to be missed!
Barb

any way to get "carry outs" from Palo? I guess I was just wondering if after experiencing it one night and if I wasn't able to get a table another night if there was some certain something I just "had to have" (especially in the dessert department) would they let me carry out something? I'd have no problem paying a small fee for this, just wondering.

Originally posted by JC Butterfly
any way to get "carry outs" from Palo? I guess I was just wondering if after experiencing it one night and if I wasn't able to get a table another night if there was some certain something I just "had to have" (especially in the dessert department) would they let me carry out something? I'd have no problem paying a small fee for this, just wondering.

I was wondering this too. Can you get the souffle or another dessert to go??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter