Palo reservations

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bkjewett, Oct 6, 2012.

1. bkjewett

bkjewett Earning My Ears

We booked our cruise on the Fantasy somewhat late (nov 24). Palo and Remy are already full except for Pirate night and the last night which I prefer not to do. Will I have any chance of getting a reservation onboard?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Yes. They hold back about half the reservations for onboard booking. Just make your reservations as soon as you get on the ship and you should be fine.

4. bkjewett

bkjewett Earning My Ears

That is great to know! thank you very much

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

You will have a pretty good chance of getting reservations on board. They will give you your Navigator when you check in. Take a look inside for the location/time to go for Palo reservations and plan on hitting that as soon as you can get there. Here's some pixiedust: to help.

6. jkrislc

jkrislc DIS Veteran

Pirate Night is actually the night we prefer to go to Palo as we found the menu to be our least favorite. In fact, I'll be booking Palo tomorrow for our January cruise on Pirate Night.

The parties take place between early and late seating and then another with fireworks after late seating, so you won't miss much unless you're desiring to attend dinner in pirate garb.

7. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

That's actually our preferred night too. We aren't big into all the pirate antics (although it is fun to see some of the costumes) and Palo dinner is a nice quiet meal.

8. flyersfan1129

flyersfan1129 Mouseketeer

We are on this cruise, and we are hoping to get Palo brunch when we are onboard! See you on the ship!!!!

9. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

As noted, you have a good chance of making Palo reservations after boarding. If not, ask to be waitlisted for a reservation.

We were actually able to do 2 Palo dinners on our last Fantasy cruise--seems they weren't too busy!

10. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

As noted above, we too always book either Remy or Palo on Pirate night. There's plenty of time to eat & catch the fireworks. :thumbsup2

11. GRANDMOMMY17

GRANDMOMMY17 Earning My Ears

Did I read that after the late seating dinner and the priate party will then have a buffett with the dinner menu. I am be confused, so much usefully info on these boards, but I think I mix them up.

12. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

After the pirate party & fireworks, there's a buffet. On the Magic & Wonder it was portside at the Mickey pool. On the Dream & Fantasy it's in Cabanas.

:cutie:

13. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

They have a buffet after the fireworks. It is held on the pool deck, not in the dining rooms.

14. jkrislc

jkrislc DIS Veteran

The only time we did the buffet for Pirate Night was on the Magic as we had early seating. It was pretty decent and they even had smoked turkey legs like in the parks that were really good. Hoping they have them again.

15. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

I was just on the Fantasy last month. My friends and I were able to get on the ship early, so we hung out at Meridian until the Palo/Remy podium staff showed up. I think the Navigator may have said they open at 1pm, but I know I saw them at the podium around noon, or shortly thereafter.

I was able to rearrange my times for the Palo and Remy brunch and dinner reservations, no problem. My friends who wanted a second Palo dinner were able to go to get one in the middle of the cruise.

16. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

Does Palo change the times they serve?

I had booked one brunch and one dinner online when our window opened up, then was hoping when we got onboard to be able to get a second brunch.

They were on a wait list already.

I looked and noticed on the last sea day of the cruise they were only serving brunch for 90 minutes and the same with dinner.

Thats not the norm is it?

I thought they were going to extend the hours of brunch by cutting out the high tea.

17. bkjewett

bkjewett Earning My Ears

I don't mind going on pirate night but all they have is 8:30pm and that is too late. We will see what we can do onboard. Thanks for all the feedback!