Palo Reservations: Fact or Myth

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by chiburple, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Melcatfish

Melcatfish <font color=990099>In full planning mode!<br><font

Be sure to check the Navigator for details of where to go for dining changes. It had always been Rockin Bar D in my experience except one time I showed up and there was just cruise host staff setting up for something and they had switched it to Studio Sea.

Mel
    x

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chiburple

chiburple Mouseketeer

Thank you all very much for sharing tips and experiences! It's all very helpful :)

4. PLANNER88

PLANNER88 Mouseketeer

Are there tables that will accommodate 10-12, and if so how difficult is it to get one?

5. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

You can request to reserve the private room for dinner on the new ships, and for either brunch or dinner on the classic ships with 12-14 people. That is the minimum & maximum numbers they will accept requests for before the cruise. You can contact DCL to submit that.

6. firsttimemom

firsttimemom DIS Veteran

My TA was able to call disney and get the 2 silver members added when we booked our dinner and brunch reservations.

7. joedfr

joedfr Earning My Ears

I had the same situation. I booked my husband, niece (24yo) and me at Palo brunch, but had to wait until 75 days out to add my parents, who are in a separate stateroom.

Online, it said my reservation couldn't be modified, so I called the phone number it provided online for Disney and they said the reason it wouldn't let me do it was because that particular time slot didn't have any openings.

The Disney rep on the phone worked with me to change our time slot to one that had availability for all 5 of us. They said the reservation was for a "table of 6" under my husband's name. The only difference is that when it's booked this way (through Disney rep), they don't list everyone on the reservation individually, they just list my husband and the size table we needed. I think this means that my parents won't get a card in their room confirming the reservation.

This is for our upcoming cruise in April, so hoping it all works out. :)

8. chiburple

chiburple Mouseketeer

Just wanted to officially confirm that it is now possible to make a reservation for five or six people online. I don't know if that's a new feature or not, but I was able to get a reservation all together for my family of five even though there were no tables for two or four available :)

Thanks everyone for your great advice here! I'm glad to say it worked and I have my reservation :dance3:

9. mousemamma

mousemamma Mouseketeer

Congrats! That is great.

Just so you are not caught off guard, I believe everyone in your party needs to be over 18 to eat in Palo. But I could be wrong.

Have fun!

10. chiburple

chiburple Mouseketeer

I believe you are correct about that! The youngest in our group is technically 19, but I think everyone is a child at heart while on a Disney cruise :)

11. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

You should not have any problem adding them.....on our Alaska Cruise on the Wonder (and on several other DCL cruises) I have added 10 other people to my 2 person Palo brunch ressie once onboard (and even got the private room).

Only one of you has to go the dining changes venue to add others but make sure you have the cabin number of everyone you on want on the reservation...saves some time.

Also, they open up the dining changes venue way earlier than 1:00. We have boarded at 12:30 and there was a long line already being serviced so it can get busy in there.

MJ

12. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

If you book for one person, are you seated with someone else or or you at a two top?

13. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

At Palo, solos are seated by themselves.