Palo Question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kalc12345, Dec 28, 2012.

1. kalc12345

kalc12345 DIS Veteran

My husband and I are going on a cruise for our anniversary without the kids. I just made us a reservation at Palo. My husband doesn't like a lot of fancy type food. Would they do a plain steak or something like that if he doesn't like anything on the menu?

2. BosMan

BosMan Very Cold in Boston !

Why don't you get your hubbie a hot dog from room service and tell him to stay in the cabin!!!! Find a date on board that will appreciate the cuisine... ( just kidding)
    I'm sure they will accommodate his request, but it is good to try new things!!!!

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple DIS Veteran

He can ask for the filet mignon without sauce.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The Palo filet is amazing--and they can serve it with no sauce or sauce on the side. Same with the fish--the tuna steak is excellent.

6. kalc12345

kalc12345 DIS Veteran

That is good to know! I didn't see steak on the menu.

7. Four Swampers

Four Swampers Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Two days before our dinner at Palo on our last cruise, I spoke with the maitre'd. Our dinner would be the 20th anniversary of our first date, and I asked if the chef could recreate our meal: fried shrimp with plum sauce for me, barbequed ribs for my wife, and potato chips. Chef Stephan did a fantastic job! No ribs on the ship, so he did pork chops with a barbeque sauce. My shrimp were fantastic, and the plum sauce tasted like it came from the same restaurant! I felt a little bad that they had to serve potato chips at Palo!

Palo is extremely accomodating, so don't fear.

8. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Yes, no problem.

Woody