Palo Brunch or High Tea

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Hi all

We are hoping to book dinner at Palo's on our cruise in May. If we can't get a reservation for dinner then we will try either high-tea or brunch. Which do you think is nicest? We both really hate seafood - is the brunch based around that?

And most importantly - any pictures to get me drooling?!!

Thanks in advance for your help!:thumbsup2

Brunch is much better than high tea. Lots of tasty savory foods along with desserts versus sandwiches and desserts with tea.

We did the Brunch the 1st day on board (just the two of us). We loved it sooo much, we brought out friends back with us on the 2nd day! It's really not to be missed! You'll get the combination of cold items on the buffet (shrimp, crablegs, etc.) and hot menu items, a la carte! Loved it.........Enjoy!
Sandra

I did tea and thought it was really naf,really,really naff, so did my table mates. Rolls, rolls!!! no little sannys, dried up scones,cakes were ok but the same cakes were on offer around the ship, the veggie sanys were the same that was available by the pool. I cant say how dissapointed we were in it.

I did tea and thought it was really naf,really,really naff, so did my table mates. Rolls, rolls!!! no little sannys, dried up scones,cakes were ok but the same cakes were on offer around the ship, the veggie sanys were the same that was available by the pool. I cant say how dissapointed we were in it.

Ohh no! Dinner or brunch it is then!!

Hi
can someone tell me how much it costs to eat at palo for dinner, I cruised three years ago and can't remember. Trying to put together my budget.
Thanks!

The brucnch is great. We have reservations for Mother's Day brunch at Palo's. The cost is $15 per person.:thumbsup2

I agree with you entirely! I felt that the High Tea was pointless, rushed and just not nice. The scones weren't even warm! Better off going to the Garden View Lounge at the Grand Floridian for High Tea. At least there its fresh and you can take as long as you like. When we went on the boat my sister had her plate taken off her while she still had cake in her hand. We were all so shocked we didn't say anything but I wish we had now!

Brunch personally I didnt like much because the food wasn't to my taste but I loved the feel of it and the desserts were great!

High Tea $5 per person
Brunch/Dinner $15 per person

We enjoy Brunch. Judging from our upcoming Eastern brunch is leading the pack. All slots for brunch are filled online (sure they will have openings at port). High Tea and dinner both have a bunch of slots left open at the 59 day mark.

I have a few pics of Palo Brunch at this link...I think they are page 3. We just cruised the Eastern on 1/17/09 and we had brunch on Sunday @ 10:30 am.

I had made no ressies before we left and got to the port around 10:15 or so and received boarding #2 and we got onboard and went straight to Rockin Bar D and it was empty!! We were first on line and booked our brunch.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570040566eitymX?vhost=travel&vhost=travel

MJ

Okay, I know Palo is a high class place. I have read on the sample menus, etc that it says "one choice of."

Is it considered rude to ask for maybe more than one entree? Or a little of this and a little of that. I kinda want to try a couple of different "made to order" things, and I would hate to come across as difficult.

Okay, I know Palo is a high class place. I have read on the sample menus, etc that it says "one choice of."

Is it considered rude to ask for maybe more than one entree? Or a little of this and a little of that. I kinda want to try a couple of different "made to order" things, and I would hate to come across as difficult.

I wanted to try a couple different things but knew I couldn't eat 2 entrees on top of appetizers, etc., so our waitress suggested half orders. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter