Palo Brunch on the Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by PegIra, Aug 21, 2012.

1. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

It has been awhile since we had brunch at Palo's. What are they charging now for Brunch,and what is the charge for dinner.

Thanks for any help

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

Sorry forgot to say in my last post, we will be on the Fantasy and was wondering the pricing for the brunch, and/or dinner.

4. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

$20 per person for either Brunch or Dinner.

5. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

Wow,thanks for taking the time to answer me, we do appreciate it. The prices is still great.It was actually $10 last time we did it,but $20 is great.Lower than I had thought it might be.

6. Itinkso

It was $10 when I first sailed too! It has been such a long time since that first DCL cruise I thought there would still be lime green Mickey at Home Depot! :)

7. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

I love Palo's !! We are going with friends who have done 19 cruises so far,but never a Disney Cruise. They are beyond excited. I thought we should do the brunch with them,so they get to see Palo's but not miss any of the Disney restaurants since it is their first Disney cruise. Then, if we can get them on a second Disney Cruise,we can do dinner at Palo's.

8. Itinkso

We are having dinner at Palo on Pirate Night and we should be out in plenty of time for the show and fireworks. On a 7 night cruise, you'll be eating in each dining room twice...all of the dining rooms serve the same menu on Pirate Night.

9. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

Thanks for your help,and enjoy your cruise !!!!!!!!!!!

10. kbceman

kbceman Earning My Ears

I have booked a brunch at Palo for DH and myself when we cruise in January. I am just wondering, with all the other excellent food that I am sure will be on the ship, is the food that much better at Palo or is it more about the experience? Thanks so much!

11. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

Palo's is a great experience,and the food is wonderful. It is not to be missed if possible. You will not regret it.

Peg

12. khomer504

khomer504 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

The chicken Parmesan with risotto at Palo brunch was hands down the best thing I ate all week. That risotto was amazing!!

13. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Palo is great.....you won't go wrong there! :)

14. Anonny

Anonny Mouseketeer

Everyone raves about the chicken Parmesan, but did I somewhere see that they also offer veal Saltimbanco? I think I like that.

15. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

Today is finally the day I can add our friends to our Palo Brunch on our cruise, but of course, I went online at 12:01 am to add them since this is now their 75 days until our cruise and there is no availability. I had checked at 11:30 and it was available but half hour later, nothing available. Is there anywhere I can call and try or do I just have to wait until we board and try?

Peg

16. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Don't stress...keep your reservation and just add your friends when you get onboard. We haved done this tons of times and never had problem. I was able to add 10 additional people to our Palo reservation onboard the Fantasy in July with no problem. They hold back a bunch of reservations to be booked onboard. I went to Palo as soon as we boarded and I had everyone's cabin numbers with me (so only I had to go to Palo) and we were flexible on time and day but had no problem adding them all.

MJ

17. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

Thanks for the response,it made me feel better. This is our friends 20th cruise, but first Disney cruise, so I want to make it special for them.

By the way, we were on the Official Maiden Voyage of the Dream also.

Thanks again.

Peg

18. ScrappinGran

ScrappinGran Mouseketeer

I hope you enjoy your Palo brunch. No flaming please, but we were disappointed. The setting is beautiful, we had a table by the window, and were prepared to be wowed. We weren't. I was shocked at how limited the choices were. Honestly, there are many restaurants near where we live that put on a better spread than this. That said, I tried the much raved about Chicken Parm and found it mealy and tasteless. My DH had the Veal Saltimbucca and said it was just okay. We tried a few other things, but really were let down. We won't go to the brunch again. We may try dinner there, but it's sure not on the "have to do" list. We also heard about thank you notes from the Palo Servers, but did not receive one, and yes, we tipped well, as his service was excellent. The meal was not.

19. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

This is our experience, also. As Gold CC, we were able to secure Palo ressies on our last two cruises. But the others traveling with us were firsttimers and, when their window opened, there were no ressies available.

Just added them when we boarded on embarkation day - no problem.

:cutie:

20. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

Thanks, it is good to hear that so far everone who has been in my situation managed to include their friends once you all got onboard.
    It is so great to be able to ask questions and get answers from people that know.

Thanks again,

Peg