Palo Brunch - Anyone been lately?

Justacruiser

Military Veteran
Wanting to know if CM are still filling the plates at the Palo brunch buffet (Fantasy)?

Last edited:
Magic served ourselves. ( 2 weeks ago) .

They only serve you when there is a virus outbreak on the ship.

Video from two weeks ago. From my trip report.

On my August 3 cruise on Dream they were. In our case it was a blessing because my person not only made my plate but also an antipasti plate for DH and I to share. He included things I never would have chosen and it was a treat to try them.

I can't answer the OP because I haven't been on Fantasy (which she's specifically asking about), let alone recently.

But.

They only serve you when there is a virus outbreak on the ship.

Not true.

You might have been told this by someone on the ship (I'm sure you were).

But we were on Dream when there was NO VIRUS outbreak, nor had there been for any cruises beforehand that had been reported (and I read here all the time), and they served us at brunch.

I can't answer the OP because I haven't been on Fantasy (which she's specifically asking about), let alone recently.

But.

Not true.

You might have been told this by someone on the ship (I'm sure you were).

But we were on Dream when there was NO VIRUS outbreak, nor had there been for any cruises beforehand that had been reported (and I read here all the time), and they served us at brunch.

This is what the Palo Manager told us, either an outbreak, or one in the prior few cruises. ( I will tell him, he is wrong then).

Question;- Can you tell me how you know there were no reported issues on the cruises before you? Its not something they are forthcoming about? Even if you read all trip reports here, only 5% of people on a cruise come here, and of them few actually bother making a trip report. Would they know there was an outbreak?

I was on the Fantasy 8-8 thru 8-15 and we did the Palo brunch on the 2nd sea day. The Palo servers did make up our initial plate but after that we were free to pick and choose from any of the assorted stations. Loved that dessert station far too much.

When they make up your plate do they choose themselves or do you tell them what to put on your plate? I have never been so I would need to look around to decide

I'm not a fan of someone fixing my plate. Can you nicely tell them you want to serve yourself? What are the Magic Words?

When they make up your plate do they choose themselves or do you tell them what to put on your plate? I have never been so I would need to look around to decide
They will walk with you, describe what each dish is, and, if you say you'd like some of it, serve a small portion onto your plate (which they are holding).

I'm not a fan of someone fixing my plate. Can you nicely tell them you want to serve yourself? What are the Magic Words?
I would think, yes you could. Just say "I'd like to serve myself, please." But they will still walk with you, in order to describe what the different offerings are.

This is what the Palo Manager told us, either an outbreak, or one in the prior few cruises. ( I will tell him, he is wrong then).

Question;- Can you tell me how you know there were no reported issues on the cruises before you? Its not something they are forthcoming about? Even if you read all trip reports here, only 5% of people on a cruise come here, and of them few actually bother making a trip report. Would they know there was an outbreak?
they have been doing this on the dream and fantasy for some time now. it has nothing to do with an outbreak. if it had then they would be doing it in cabanas as well, which they are not. don't know what the reason is but it is happening on these ships. you can read plenty of posts where people are talking about it ,which is probably why the op was questioning if it is still going on.

We were on the Fantasy in June. They served us in Palo. Cabanas, the ice cream stations and and the soft drinks were all self serve so I doubt it was because of an outbreak. Many more people use those areas than Palo.
The servers in Palo were very nice and were happy to put as much on your plate as you wanted. The strawberries and whipped cream were very good and I went back for seconds

I feels somewhat certain it must be to gently keep wastage down. I've read so many TRs where people describe being over full to the point of nausea after Palo brunch, so I bet a lot gets thrown away. Perhaps not more so than in the regular buffet, but more expensive ingredients.

I feels somewhat certain it must be to gently keep wastage down. I've read so many TRs where people describe being over full to the point of nausea after Palo brunch, so I bet a lot gets thrown away. Perhaps not more so than in the regular buffet, but more expensive ingredients.
Oooooo, I bet that's part of the equation. If they sort of "limit" portion sizes for the first helping, chances are subsequent visits to the buffet area won't result in as much waste.

Oooooo, I bet that's part of the equation. If they sort of "limit" portion sizes for the first helping, chances are subsequent visits to the buffet area won't result in as much waste.
I agree this is part of the equation, but even with them serving, we felt a little ill after our server talked us into a pizza and the pear soufflé. I know brunch won't be part of my next trip, and I'm a bit sad to miss it.

Well if it's caused by outbreaks, I guess the the Dream and Fantasy are having some serious issues. ;) Or it could be and most likely be not related to any type outbreak. Who was the Palo manger that told you this? Was it on the Fantasy? From your signature, you haven't sailed on the Fantasy in over 3 years... a lot can change in 3 years.

We just got off the Fantasy and they did have servers loading our plates during Palo brunch. I was anticipating it being awkward, but I didn't find it so.

Aby

They did on our 7/25 cruise (Fantasy).

It was a little weird but I like Pall brunch way too much to skip it because someone else makes my plate for me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter