Palo $20??

I head read several sources that indicate the price will be $20 effective January 2011.

It appears to go into effect on 1/29, right after our cruise- we just got in for the $15 price on our 1/22 Western..

Since Disney states the Palo charge includes the gratuity for the servers, it's nice to see them get a small increase.

Ah! I missed that announcement. Oh well. I want to try for the brunch anyway, but want to try it out either way. It'll be worth it I'm sure!!

And yay for this post (the original) being my 1000th!

We've dined at Palo's a number of times, and the only way that I'll go there again is due to being a platinum Castaway Club member. I will qualify my opinion by saying that I am a plain person as regards to eating, and food is not the driving force in my life. I'm told they give you a free dinner at Palo's as a perk for having 10 cruises with the DCL:confused3. If I had to pay $20 (which is double the price I used to pay), I'd eat elsewhere. The food at Palo's is good...but not great, and not worth an additional $20 per person. Others will disagree with me, and they are welcome to take my place at Palo's. It is just Italian food, that's it.:confused3

It appears to go into effect on 1/29, right after our cruise- we just got in for the $15 price on our 1/22 Western..

We're on the 1/3/11 double dip on the Wonder and according to our ressie, the charge for us is $20.00. I made my ressies at the 90 day mark before the price increase was annouced. I sent an e-mail to DCL because I was under the impression that any ressies made before the price increase would remain $15.00. Sounds like it would be complicated to keep it straight.

We've dined at Palo's a number of times, and the only way that I'll go there again is due to being a platinum Castaway Club member. I will qualify my opinion by saying that I am a plain person as regards to eating, and food is not the driving force in my life. I'm told they give you a free dinner at Palo's as a perk for having 10 cruises with the DCL:confused3. If I had to pay $20 (which is double the price I used to pay), I'd eat elsewhere. The food at Palo's is good...but not great, and not worth an additional $20 per person. Others will disagree with me, and they are welcome to take my place at Palo's. It is just Italian food, that's it.:confused3

I'll disagree...it isn't "just" Italian food, it is gourmet dishes, prepared individually and fresh, presented beautifully, and with excellent service. All served in a formal dining room with an adult ambiance, with fellow diners (usually) dressed appropriately for the class of the occasion thus adding to the experience. It's a bargain.

I do chuckle a bit that after you've had 10 cruises, having spent anywhere from $20,000 up (probably way more than that) on cruise fare, DCL gives you the "perk" of waiving the $20 fee. Woo hoo!

I remember when a gallon unleaded gas was under a dollar. Prices go up. It's as certain as death and taxes.

it isn't "just" Italian food, it is gourmet dishes, prepared individually and fresh, presented beautifully, and with excellent service. All served in a formal dining room with an adult ambiance, with fellow diners (usually) dressed appropriately for the class of the occasion thus adding to the experience. It's a bargain.

My feeling exactly!

Randy

no wonder the price is going uip. If platinum members get dinner for free then the rest of us pay for it. I loved my brunch at palo's but don't know if the same thing is worth 20 a person. I also added an extra tip for our server. I have to admit he was great. I also think that raising the price is a way for disney to control demand. I have to admit I know there are many people on these boards that are willing to shell out $150.00 for dinner for two, but I am not one of them So i doubt that I will be eating at remmy anytime soon.

we are not fancy people either and passed on palo the last time we cruised. i would like to try it this time, but Not do dinner. If they have Brunch, is it the same cost as the dinner?

Just got an e-mail back from DCL. According to the e-mail, those people who booked Palo before November 1st will be grandfathered in at $15.00. Although she didn't say it, I'm assuming she means anyone sailing after January 1st.

From DCL's website:

An additional charge is required to dine at Palo.

Dinner: $15 dining charge, per person
Brunch: $15 dining charge, per person
High Tea: $5 dining charge, per person

Please note prices are subject to change without notice.

Effective January 30, 2011 the cost of Palo Brunch and Dinner will increase from $15 per person to $20 per person. The cost of the Palo High Tea will increase from $5 per person to $10 per person.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/wonder/dining/palo/

ok guys...HELP...I can book PALO today and there a ton of spots open...I wont do Dinner because we arent fancy and im sure wont enjoy it-BUT Brunch might be nice- more our taste...BUT why should I pay 40.00 for a BRunch when they feed us breakfast for free on board? Help convince me to book Brunch? Is it worth it???:confused3

If you need convincing, you probably should skip it. Breakfast in the other restaurants is good (we especially like the eggs benedict at Tritons/Lumieres), but Palo has breakfast and lunch options made to order, as well as a wide variety of cold seafood, cheeses, veggies like sundried tomatoes and marinated mushrooms and the like, as well as an array of desserts. I find it well worth the price, but people who aren't big on "froo froo" food would likely not share that opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter