Palm Springs to Disneyland - surface transportation

seema

Mouseketeer
We are staying in a Palm Springs (Marriott) timeshare during the first week in Jan (2007). If we want to go to Disneyland, what is the most practical way to drive to Disneyland? Can one drive to and from Disneyland, and see the theme park, all in 1 day (what is the driving time each way). Of note, we have gone to both Disneyland theme parks on numerous occasions.

Driving from Arizona, we go past Palm Springs. The best way is to take the main highway to Riverside and then to Anaheim. There are lots of maps online that can give you exact directions. I think it takes us about 2-3 hours from that area to get to Disneyland.

As far as seeing it all in one day- I think it depends on what you want to see. If you want to see every ride you may be pushing it. I would also check out Disneyland's website to see the hours for the day you are thinking of. That will tell you how busy they think it will be that day.

I would give a good 2 hours each way to drive, given that you avoid prime traffic times.

The easiest way from Palm Springs is to take the 10 West (to Los Angeles because all the freeways give cities also as to where you are going) to the 60 West (to Riverside) to the 91 West (to Anaheim) to the 57 South, exit Ball go right, you will go for a few miles, cross over the 5 freeway and see signs to the Disneyland Resort, turn left into lanes that say to go to theme parks, park in Mickey and Friends and there you are.

We live off the 91 about 15 minutes East of DL. We are going to Palm springs tomorrow. It takes us about 1 1/2 hours or so to get there when we go. I would probably leave 2 hours before you want to get there. It's a long drive, but we make day trips to PS a couple times a year to visit family so it's definately do-able.

Donna

Thanks, for the information.

If we see the fireworks at Disneyland on a weekday night (from Jan 1 onwards), and if we see the fireworks on a night on which it is scheduled for the earliest of the times (during the week), how is the traffic during the night, to Palm Springs?

PS-From a crowds perspective in Disneyland, and from a traffic perspective between Palm Springs and Anaheim, what is the best day of the week to go to Disneyland? Will US (esp California) students have gone back to school on Jan 2 or 3?

It is doable to go from Palm Springs, see Disneyland and then drive back to PS all in one day. It would make it a very long day though, I think. Depending on what time(and day of the week) you go, you will probably have traffic most of the way from Riverside in. I would allow AT LEAST 2+ hours into Orange County if you are going at peak traffic time. Traffic coming home shouldn't be bad since you would be going after fireworks. It's just then going to be a long drive, after a long day at the park.

Schools???
A lot of schools are out from the 22nd of December to the 8th of January..

So the 'tourists' may be gone, but the locals with passes go at those times..

We are some of them.. Local Colleges don't ususally go back till MLK week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter