Pal Mickey

Panky

Earning My Ears
I've seen this referenced recently and have no idea what this is. Could someone please clue me in?

Also, I've seen a lot about food vouchers. I've never heard of these either. Where do you get them and are they discounted that it is cheaper to use these than pay when you get there? Also where can they be used?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Panky - I can't help with the voucher question, but here's my review from the FB a few weeks back on Pal Mickey:

Pal Mickey Review
We bought one for DS5. It is great. Both DD7 and DS had fun with him.
He is a smallish (about 12 inch) stuff toy that is interactive.
He shakes when he has something to say, and it is something interesting about the attraction you are near or at.
Also he tells jokes and plays games (there are three different games)
From the instructions that came with him:
"Mickey will giggle and shake when he has something important to tell you. Just squeeze one of his hands or press his tummy (within 15 seconds) to hear what he has to say. Pal Mickey has over 700 different fun and helpful things to say while you explore the Parks."
"It's really easy to ask Mickey to repeat what he just said. He'll repeat it (up to 5 times) if you just squeeze on of his hands or press his tummy within 15 seconds"
"Whenever you are with Pal Mickey, he's always ready with a funny joke or fun fact. Anytime you want Pal Mickey to talk, simply squeeze one of his hand or touch his tummy."
The three games Mickey plays are:
1. "That isn't here" game - Mickey will say the name of one of the four WDW Theme Parks and then list places and things that are found inthe Park. If the place or thing is in Epcot squeeze one of Mickey's hands to score a point. If the place or thing is not in that park, then squeeze Mickey's tummy. You will only have a few seconds to answer and you get less time as you go along!
2. "Fast Friends" game - Mickey's going to say the names of one or two of his "special friends". Then, he'll tell you which hand to squeeze to score a point when he says that special friend's name. For example Mickey might say "Squeeze my right hand when I say Goofy" Then the game starts. Mickey will list 5 of his friends. If Mickey lists a friend that was not one of these "special friends" squeeze his tummy to score a point (more......)
3. "Mickey says" game. Just like simon says.

We found that just playing with him kept the kids happy when waiting in lines, etc.

I will admit he is a little hard to hear (I had to hold him up to my ear) but I'm sure that is so people won't go mad hearing Mickey chattering all day long.

He comes with a clip to clip him to a belt, but found it wasn't great. DD held him outward most of the time and he worked fine.

You can purchase these at most resort gift shops (not at Swan/Dolphin as of yet) Also I see they now have them at the parks. I'm sure you'll be able to get them anywhere soon.

IMO - well worth the $50., plus DD and DS like playing with him at home too. Great thing is you can bring him back next trip and apparently they will updating information.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the review Yzma and Kronk. My two boys are just dying for one. I hope they still have them around next June so we can buy them one. I know we could order one from the mail order dept., but he wouldn't be nearly as fun at home as he would at the Parks.

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter