PAL Mickey

em-o-so'smom

Mouseketeer
I've seen this on the DW website...Has anyone used this? Is it worth it? How much are they?

I have a Pal-Mickey from last year. It is cool - the kids like it. It tells you interesting facts. It also play games once you leave the parks. I am not sure how much they are.

We bought one in 2005 for about $70.00.... Yeah the kids got a kick out of it for awhile... but it wore off quickly (I have 6 kids in all ages)... problems I saw with it.... it was hard to hear what he was saying most times, it was hard to always pick up when he was saying something AND for the most part anything he says is easily found out from the information maps/brochures you pick up when entering the park.... I dont think its worth $70.00.... but it was something we thought would be a good idea at the time. Would be worth about $30.00 tops to me.

We just bought one in Dec. and my dd's loved him he does tell you if some of the rides have a short line and when the parade is. I think he may be louder now but in crowds he can be hard to hear. You can also buy outfits for him we bought the pirate and poncho one.

We bought one in November. I think it was $65 or $70. We thought it was a waste of money. Half the time he was in our backpack b/c the kids didn't want to hold it. So when it was in there, we couldn't here anything he said. And even if we did have him in our hands, it was still hard to hear w/ all the background noises of the parks, but we could feel him vibrate. My kids haven't touched him since.

I bought one on my last trip in April for my DS. He thought it was neat until he had to carry it all day. It is very hard to hear, and most of the time he was shoved in the backpack. Needless to say....................we leave for another trip (me and my DD this time) this coming Friday (12th) and Good Ole Pal Mickey is staying home!!

we got one for our dd14 when we there in nov 06 and she loves it. my dh and i kept asking her if we could carry him, she would'nt let us. :lmao: we are going back in august and definitely be bringing him.

It really all depends on who is going to get it. We got one for my Mom(44) and she loves it to death. It can tell you some cool thing like ride times and where charcter are. If you go every year I would get one for those who are obbsessed. But If you go every couple of years save your money:thumbsup2

i just got one from the outlets - it is cute, but not worth the 70 to me - i got it for like 35 - they also have them on ebay,,,,,i was never quite sure i was using it right!!! the kids liked it, but were so busy they would forget to check him,,,,,

Other than Disney and ebay is there any other place to purchase these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter