Packing

mushumadness

<font color=ff6633>Shopaholic<br><font color=cc339
Ok tomorrow is D dayfor packing the cases arghhh! I hate packing with a passion, and cant cpe if chris trys to help.

I am wanting to minimise what I take, so what essentials do you think?

Also has anyone else used the space saver bags I have bought a few for the return journey.

any tips

anna

I am interested in space saving too as we are going to be packing and repacking 4 times on our forthcoming Easter trip!

One tip I used last time was to pack 1 days clothes for each child in a zip loc bag, that way each day all they had to do was grab a bag from a drawer, it made the whole getting 3 children ready each morning thing a bit easier!!

Nicola

PS I hate packing too but I still wish I was you!

I roll things rather than folding them - stuff seems to travel better that way and I always think I fit more in (not sure if that's true or not, but it works for me!)

I've used the space saver bags a few times. They do save room but not as much as the picture on the box shows you. You really need to use the hoover to get maximum benefit but they do save some room. I've found they're great for sorting out washing for when you get home. Stick all the whites in one, colour's in another etc. Have a great hols! :sunny:

I do the rolling thing too, like Miffy2003. It does seem to open up more space, but I can't be sure!

Also, clothes don't really get creased this way as they might (a little) with folding!

Ooh thats a tough one Anna, cos like you we are having to take clothes for all weather (but hoping that we only need to wear T-Shirts etc). As I'm hopeless with packing, I am just going to take an extra case :rotfl2:

i always end up bringing a lot more clothes than i end up wearing....and i feel like an idiot for dragging so much stuff that i never wear...

finally on my trip in september i managed to take only what i actuallly wore...a major achievement....i managed to fit everything i needed for 9 days at WDW in one carry on bag!!!.....

during our summer trips, when it's all 4 of us, we usually have 3 checked suitcases.....one for DH and me together, and 1 each for the kids....but in the kids suitcases i put 5 empty duffels.......so that we can fill them up with all the stuff we buy in the states (since there are 4 of us, we're entitled to check in 8 suitcases)....

I use a canvas sweater holder shelf thingy, it has a velcro holder at the top and seven shelves, each days clothes are put on one shelf then the whole thing folds down into my suitcase, when I get to the other end I merely lift the whole thing up by the top and hang it on the rail, start using the clothes from bottom upwards then all 'dirty clothes' are put in the bottom shelf for a quick wash halfway through the hols.
When its home time all clothes are just squashed into the cases around the souvenirs.

carolfoy - where can I get one of those?!

Got mine in woollies but I've seen them in next, betterware, the storage solution, argos etc, just make sure you get one with a strong velcro holder at the top. they're great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter