Packing Tips

DisneyRockStarMommy

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
I have a few packing questions...
1. My kids HATE to pack but I enjoy it what is a good way for packing, making sure you have everything, and not leaving the kids in a grumpy mood
2. How do you pack your kid's clothing (DD12 DS6)
3. My kids both want to pack their clothing, toys, books, and etc. in those smaller hard suitcases ( the size that you see in the luggage aisle with all of the kids designs on them...the last time we did this DD9 at the time and DS3 made us carry it....
Helpful Advice???
:confused3
Thanks

DD6 gets her own suitcase that she can pull. I pack outfits (including underwear, socks and hair ties) in gallon ziploc bags. That way she can just pull one out and it has everything she needs in it. It also helped because, on out last trip, I got sick and MIL and DH had to dress her. It just made it that much easier for them. (I would do the same for DS2, but he is not going with DD and I next week. He is staying home with Daddy.)

She has a separate backpack as a carry-on with her coloring books, stickers, etc. that she wears/carrys herself on the plane. We check her clothing bag with the rest of ours.

My DD7 always wants to pack her own suitcase. :goodvibes So, I let her. It's one of those smaller, soft-sided, rolling ones. ($10 at Walmart or Target) I bought it years ago, for her 2nd or 3rd trip and every year I write on it the month and date. After she finishes "her packing" then I finish it-getting all the things she missed as well as reapportioning our clothes between her suitcase and my 2 (clothes) suitcase. What I mean by reapportion is that I put some of her clothes in my suitcases, and vice versa. That way if (heaven forbid) one suitcase gets lost, everyone will still have clothes. I make sure each suitcase has at least one bathing suit for each of us in it too, for the same reason. The one thing I don't want to have to buy while at WDW is a bathing suit! :confused: I also include a few of my DM's clothes in my suitcase. We haven't lost any luggage yet, but just in case, I want to be prepared! I've also packaged her clothes, in the past, in large ziploocs, including hair thingies. I haven't done that the last few trips, but I plan on doing it this Sept. :goodvibes

As far as your kids wanting to use the small, hard, suitcases, and you end up carrying them, how about letting them decorate the soft sided ones? The first year we used stickers, put they came off. :confused3 Sharpies work great on them, though, and it'll make them easier to spot on the luggage carousel. Like I said above, I write the month, and year, on her suitcase and it's a reminder of all the trips we've taken, :wizard:

HTH, Have fun!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter