Packing for 10 days - advice

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
How much do you pack? I feel like I'm taking too much. It's hard in the heat - I always want a fresh outfit for after pool time. And I like options! I was reading people were saying it was chilly at night last week! So now I need a light sweater too?

I know we'll have to do laundry at some point as I'm not taking 20 pair of underwear per person. :goodvibes

I take enough clothes to last 4 or 5 days and do laundry during the trip. Easy to do a load or 2 while we take our afternoon break.

If you're at a WDW resort, then there are ample laundry facilities. Just be sure to check the weather, we've been having a streak of rain down here in Florida.

I am totally an overpacker and still seem to always have a couple loads of laundry to do while I'm there. If its chilly one night its also a good excuse to shop maybe for a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt? 8-)

I would suggest 5 pair of shorts/bottoms and 5 interchangeable tops (either shortsleeve or tank tops) enough undergarments for 5 days before washing. Definitely an extra pair of shoes/sandals and don't forget water shoes or flip flops for the pool or water parks.
Maybe a lightweight/long sleeve shirt, but honestly, after it rains it usually goes into steamy jungle hot mode and less the cool air mode. Remember, "cool" night air is 75 ish. :)
We have been having some rain in the afternoons for a little bit, but that is typical FL weather and it passes quickly. It is actually quite pleasant until the steam starts coming off the pavement. . :)

We just got back last night and it was definitely a bit chilly at night on the days it rained all day. I took 2 shirts per day and a pair of shorts/yoga pants per day. Two pairs of socks, two pairs of underwear per day as well. I brought a sweater for the plane and ended up wearing it on two different evenings.

I pack for about 4 days or so. I'll do laundry every 3 days at least!
Definitely bring some sort of sweater; it can get cool in the evenings and in air conditioning.
I bring Tide pods and dryer sheets too - makes it easier than buying detergent there.

Apparently my DH is the Diva! I just checked his stack and he's got 13 shirts - and I told him we'd do laundry half way. Hope he doesn't mind if half that doesn't make it in the suitcase! :confused3

Haha!!! I love it. :) When I pack for cruises, my DH always has the most clothing too. I tend to whittle it down to what he needs and not so much what he thinks he needs.

I tell the kids to pack for 5 days and then also remind them to bring one sweatshirt, one pair of pants and one long sleeved shirt. And then I pack for about a month for myself. Hey the kids and husband are light packers so that makes more room for me. I'm the one doing the laundry anyhow and I am very fickle about what I want to wear. :)

I pack for about 4 days or so. I'll do laundry every 3 days at least!
Definitely bring some sort of sweater; it can get cool in the evenings and in air conditioning.
I bring Tide pods and dryer sheets too - makes it easier than buying detergent there.
We are packing twins. We are a family of 6 and I refuse to pack a huge amount for any trip. I would rather deal with laundry than the schlepping. We packed clothes for 4 days, 2 bathing suits and two pairs of shoes for our recent 10 day trip. I did laundry twice, once by the pool and once early morning.

Do laundry! Pack clothes for 5 days and plan a laundry day when you are at the pool. It is so much easier. We are also huge fans of moisture wicking clothing, keeps you cool and easy to wash

May I suggest Shout Color Catchers. So you can do 1 big load. I always throw a pair of jeans in for each of us and a sweatshirt. I think that is why we always have great weather

Kae

How much do you pack? I feel like I'm taking too much. It's hard in the heat - I always want a fresh outfit for after pool time. And I like options! I was reading people were saying it was chilly at night last week! So now I need a light sweater too?

I know we'll have to do laundry at some point as I'm not taking 20 pair of underwear per person. :goodvibes

We go in the summer and I also like a fresh set of clothes after the midday break. Our recent trip was 12 days though we did 17 nights last year for a west coast trip.

I pack one day of clothes beyond what I need for half the trip. So I would pack 12 sets of clothes for a ten day trip. We usually stay at POFQ and the laundry room there is right next to the pool and the pool bar so it's not too painful to do laundry.

I don't pack for younger kids anymore but tend to bring about 3 full days of park clothes, some extra socks and shirts for when we might get wet, 1 nicer option in case we want to hit a fancier meal and dapper it up. I also plan on doing laundry and we tend to acquire a few more clothing items while there. I may bring a little more if we know it's rainy season.

I agree with you about 5 days worth of clothes! there will just be two of us but I want an extra suit case for goodies when I come back so I'm packing and extra. The hard part is to NOT over pack because of that! we are also bringing a fold up laundry hamper to carry our dirty clothes in...sure beats lugging bags back and fourth!

Okay, this would be my packing list here:
  • About seven shirts/shorts
  • One or two pairs of capris/jeans
  • One or two nicer outfits (a dress?) for ADR's
  • 7-10 pairs of underwear/bras
  • Two pairs of pajamas
  • 10 pairs of socks
  • Two pairs of good walking shoes
  • One or two pairs of nicer shoes
Hope this was somewhat helpful. :goodvibes

Also, this website may help in case there's anything you've forgotten! http://wdwprepschool.com/the-ultimate-disney-world-packing-list/

Apparently my DH is the Diva! I just checked his stack and he's got 13 shirts - and I told him we'd do laundry half way. Hope he doesn't mind if half that doesn't make it in the suitcase! :confused3

Years ago, my mother had a bit too much wine and forgot to pack all of my father's shirts for a week long trip to Nevada. I am in the very process of paring down my DH's wardrobe - how many Adidas black shorts can one man wear in 10 days? We have a washing machine in the room and it gets used almost daily.

I'm going to be the different one here. Mama don't do laundry on vacation, (that was a sort of lie, I did do it when we were diving in Grand Cayman and staying in a condo but that was because we were flying and scuba gear takes us a whole suitcase and then some) so I would take enough. You can wear a pair of shorts more than once, not so much with shirts but you can really fold a tshirt pretty small. I would pack at least 7 pairs of shorts, 11 shirts, one long pair of pants and 1 light weight long sleeve shirt. A sweater or a sweat shirt. 3 pairs of shoes and a pair of socks and undies for each day.

I have never had enough clothes to last a week on vacation without doing wash, with the exception of my DH's and my trip (alone, no kids, first 5 night trip ever doing that 8 years ago) to Peter Island. There we wore our swim suits so rinsed out daily, and a basic attire in the evening, so I hung stuff up that I had rinsed out all over the room (housekeeping must have had a chuckle). But that's the only time I've gone without laundry on a vacation ever.
I like clean clothes - a shirt worn even half day is smelly to me. Shorts, yes, I'll wear twice (at home 4 times!).
We used to live on Oahu, and we go back every other year or so, and one trip, I was taking the kids (well, most trips we met there) and DH was coming from a work trip in AZ, so anyway, we were in first class (not all trips were but thank god it was this trip) and we each had a small carry-on). Someone asked about our bags, and I said that's all we had. These were small less than 21" carry on bags. I said we were going for two weeks. They said wow - I'm like, we have a washer/dryer and we were making a Target run the day we got there (me in full on zombie mode after 2 hours sleep but yeah, for toiletries and such - 10 minutes from our timeshare).
The stuff you need for a weekend trip or a two week trip - it isn't that much different, give or take a shirt or dress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter