packing already!

zealandsmom

DIS Veteran
3 months and a week away and I am already setting aside outfits! I think I just may be going overboard (pun intended)

2 outfits per person per day sound good?....I'm going to search threads for more input on this.

We leave exactly two months from today ( we cruise on the 7th) and I have been setting outfits aside for the 5 of us for about a month now! I am figuring 2 "outfits" per day per person, however we will be re-wearing shorts, sticking with khaki, black, and navy for the guys, even me for that matter!

I wish I could pack already but the clothes I need for cruising I use now as I live in Florida and its about the same temperature.

We pack about 2 outfits per day 1 casual for around the boat during the day, and 1 a little dressier for dinner. We also bring 2 bathing suits with us per person. 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair of dress shoes that go with each outfit and 2 pairs of sneakers or walking shoes. I also bring water shoes to wear in the ocean as if I cut my feet it would not be good health wise.

Those are the basics of course we overpack so of course we bring things we never use but need just in case LOL

I hope you have a great time on your cruise!

3 months and a week away and I am already setting aside outfits! I think I just may be going overboard (pun intended)

2 outfits per person per day sound good?....I'm going to search threads for more input on this.

2 outfits a day sounds like too much, to me. Pretty much, what I wear during the day (shirt&pants) is what I wear to dinner and for the evening. Unless it's formal night, and then I do change to formalwear.

Remember, no one is going to remember that you wore the same shirt on 2 different days.

I pack (for a 7 night cruise) 1 pair long pants, 2 capris (or shorts), 4 shirts, sweater/light jacket. That pretty much does it, since I can mix the tops with the bottoms.

:cutie:

With young kids I would definitely pack two outfits a day. That's what I did. Kids wear one outfit in the a.m., get sweaty on excursion, come back and swim, too soon to get ready for dinner so you need something else for them so they don't put the dirty clothes back on. We don't live in swimsuits onboard during the day. We dress for dinner also, so what the kids wear to dinner won't work for daytime wear. I also prefer not to do laundry when on vacation, so I pack enough to cover all of us.

2 outfits a day sounds like too much, to me. Pretty much, what I wear during the day (shirt&pants) is what I wear to dinner and for the evening. Unless it's formal night, and then I do change to formalwear.

Remember, no one is going to remember that you wore the same shirt on 2 different days.

I pack (for a 7 night cruise) 1 pair long pants, 2 capris (or shorts), 4 shirts, sweater/light jacket. That pretty much does it, since I can mix the tops with the bottoms.

:cutie:

You take after my own heart!

I pack one super casual outfit to wear during the day (t-shirts, athletic shorts to wear over swim suit, etc) and something less casual to wear to dinner (pants, capris, jeans, formal wear, pirate wear etc). It's nice to wear something fresh to dinner, plus I wouldn't be comfortable all day in dinner clothes. Same thing goes for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter