Packages that are eligible for Military Tickets

anabelle

Did I say that out loud?
We are planning a Grand Gathering this June. My dad is paying for all 17 of us so I want to keep the price down as much as possible. I booked the package with the dining plan. I see that they extended the $99 tickets for military until 7/31. My brother and nephew are both Navy, so I am wondering if there is a way to get the discounted tickets and still get a package for them. What is the best way to handle it?

This past year the way they dealt with this was offering a military discount. Unfortunately, no military room discount has been released for this year yet.

The only other way to add dining to a package without adding tickets is to be an Annual Passholder.

Last year they didn't release the room discount until January 4th, so they may still.

I'm in the same predicament, because my DH is a Dining Plan snob, and probably won't let me plan a trip without the Dining Plan, but it would be significantly cheaper if we only paid $99/ticket.

I don't know about next year, but this year they allowed military people to reserve a room with the 40% discount and add only the BASIC dining plan and of course, attach the military discounted pass as the required ticket purchase of the package.

If they don't do a room discount in 2010, I doubt they will allow you to do a package using discounted military tickets. I have never heard anyone being able to do that in the past.

Best way to handle it? Call Disney for details. Call again and yet a 3rd time to see if the info is consistent.

As the previous poster mentioned you couldn't add the military tickets to a package. You could book a room only and add quick service or basic dining. If they offer a military room only discount for 2010 I would imagine it would work the same way.

OK, I didn't realize their was a room discount last year as well. We have a little time. So I will keep my fingers crossed they offer some deals. It is killing me to see my dad pay so much. He heard of the deals we usually get in the fall (free dining, 4/3) and assumed he was going to be able to get the same deal in June for all of us. Now I think he has buyers remorse.

oh man I didn't know they extended it till July! I wish they'd extend through the whole year again ROFL

Can you please fill me in on the tickets being extended through 7/31... I haven't been able to find that information anywhere!:confused3

I am hoping you are right!!!!

THANKS!

I am interested too in how you know the tickets have been extended to July. Is that on new ones or current ones we already have? I have 2 more visits on my tickets and it would be great not to lose them!

Can you please fill me in on the tickets being extended through 7/31... I haven't been able to find that information anywhere!:confused3

I am hoping you are right!!!!

THANKS!

Some info on the 2010 Armed Forces Tickets can be found here - http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-military.htm#tickets. Basically, in a nutshell, it is a $99 4 day base ticket that will expire on 7/31/10. Park hopping and WP&M can be added to the tickets for $25 ea. and the tickets can be upgraded to APs or SAPs with the cost that was paid for the ticket being applied to the AP/SAP. In the above link it says that up to 5 tickets can be purchased but on another site it says that up to 6 tickets can be purchased.

Wanted to add this (tried editing my above post but I guess I confused the computer) -

I am interested too in how you know the tickets have been extended to July. Is that on new ones or current ones we already have? I have 2 more visits on my tickets and it would be great not to lose them!

If you have 2009 Military Armed Forces Tickets those expire on 12/31/09 regardless of if you have any days left on them or not. The 2010 Armed Forces tickets are a new deal for Armed Service members and are good up until 7/31/10.

Some info on the 2010 Armed Forces Tickets can be found here - http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-military.htm#tickets. Basically, in a nutshell, it is a $99 4 day base ticket that will expire on 7/31/10. Park hopping and WP&M can be added to the tickets for $25 ea. and the tickets can be upgraded to APs or SAPs with the cost that was paid for the ticket being applied to the AP/SAP. In the above link it says that up to 5 tickets can be purchased but on another site it says that up to 6 tickets can be purchased.

Wasn't the 2009 ticket a 5 day base?

Wasn't the 2009 ticket a 5 day base?

Yes, the 2009 tickets were 5 day base tickets and the service member got their ticket, with PH & WP&M, for free. The 2010 tickets are 4 day base tickets and the service member does not get a complimentary ticket. Still a good deal for eligible people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter