Package to Room only

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by tiggerlvr27, Jun 27, 2013.

1. tiggerlvr27

tiggerlvr27 Mouseketeer

I will be changing a 3 day package to room only. The remaining 4 days of the trip I have FD and will be adding 2 more days of tickets to that package...My question is when should I make the change from package to room only?:confused3 Will I still be able to stay at the resort I am booked at? Or will I have to change?
    At first I was bummed I couldn't stay at the same resort for the full 7 days but now I am getting pumped for POR and AKL on my itinerary!!:woohoo::woohoo:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

If you are sure you want room only instead of a package, I would change now. Keep in mind that going from one reservation type to the other requires the one to be cancelled/refunded and the other booked, requiring a new deposit. Since room only and packages are different reservation systems, money can't be transferred between the two so you have cancel and rebook. If the resort/room type you have booked as a package is still available, I'd book that as room only and then cancel the package. If it's not available, you will have to speak to someone in guest services and he/she should be able to change reservation types without you losing your resort (but you will still need to make a room deposit and wait for a refund on the package). HTH :).

4. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

Is your first reservation going to be the room only? What are you going to do about tickets, if that's the case. Your tickets would be tied to your package that comes later.

5. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

You can pick up package tickets up to 3 days early at guest relations at a park or at DTD. :thumbsup2