Pack rats

BriarRose59

WDW Once Upon a Dream
This is for all of you who posted to the thread last week about what you keep from your DVC point purchases. I received my box yesterday for our add-on for BWV, I removed the folders and (you had better sit down) . . . . . . .I threw away the Disney box! Quick, get the smelling salts, I can see some of you are passed out on the floor. I just could not justify the shelf space that the second box would take up so I took the folders from the add-on and put them in the box from our inital purchase of SSR from 2 weeks ago. Okay, I hope everyone is conscious and breathing again. I wouldn't want to cause permanent physical or psychological damage to any of my fellow DVCers.:crazy:

OUCH!!!

I got scolded just today for bringing home the EMPTY Mickey soap boxes from our trip last week! DW just doesn't seem to understand. :rolleyes:

I save everything and im running out of room so I added a cabinet in my garage just for the disney stuff.

I try not to be a clutterbug but am beginning to accumulate a collection. I originally started looking at DVC in 2000, and I have each year's marketing material in a pile, along with member contract box, member guidebook, several fedex envelopes, and the occasional soap box.

Empty boxes, Doc??? I don't go QUITE that far....Almost, but not quite. I just wonder how long the soap in all those boxes will keep! I like to use them for guests, but I have a BIG bag full by now!

Did she really say that she threw out THE BOX???

I not only have THE BOX (it must be shown the proper respect) from both add-ons, I have the Holy Grail of DVC, THE BOOK. Back in the stone age when you joined, the folder looked like a big book.

I need time to recover from this shock. I need to sort through all the room keys that I've accumulated. :p

:bounce: ROFL:Pinkbounc

Let me rephrase: THE BOX is now in THE TRASH. But THE BOOK is on THE SHELF. :)

Ok, I couldn't pass this one up.

We just did an add on and yes I also threw away the box, but of course kept everything else....

As for the soaps etc, we have so many I started donating them to a women's abuse center. Once I get a bag full I just drop them off.

They love those because each guest can have their own shampoo, soap etc and the kids that are there love the Disney stuff.

Denise

Originally posted by rtwhite
:bounce: ROFL:Pinkbounc

Let me rephrase: THE BOX is now in THE TRASH. But THE BOOK is on THE SHELF. :)

No, no, no. It's THE BOX and THE BOOK . I can't bring myself to say the trash. :p

If anyone here has a surplus of small WDW items, you may be interested in reading about what the Mickey SOS Project for Children does with them! Small contributions of these toiletries and other items from many people add up to a big blessing to children in hospitals. Consider sending some items to them or doing something similar for children in unfortunate situations nearer your home, like homeless shelters, crisis centers and children's homes.

Send them along with your prayers for the children they will touch. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter