Pacer/Wogging GROUP for 15-16 minutes per mile Disney Marathon 2013

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by irishtwins1112, Oct 3, 2012.

1. irishtwins1112

irishtwins1112 Mouseketeer

I am signed up for the Disney Marathon. I am currently trying to improve on my pace. I am mostly between 16 and 17 minutes per mile on my long runs but can pull 14-16 minutes per mile on shorter runs. I am hoping to be between 15 and 16 minutes per mile for my long runs by January. I was wondering if there is someone else out there that knows they run even splits of 15 or 15:30 minutes per mile that is signed up for the marathon and if I might could tag along with you so that I know I am on pace? We don't have to talk the whole time or anything(although I am also not against it), I was just hoping for someone that I could say to myself "As long as I keep up with this person, I am good". I have a garmin but I really don't trust it because it is several years old. Anyone?:scratchin

Reply here or you can pm me : )

A little background info......28 year old married female with 2 wonderful boys, 18 months and 6 months....completed several races (5k to marathon distance) before my boys were born and currently trying to get back in shape

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. irishtwins1112

Also, my goal is just to finish so it doesn't have to be 15 minutes per mile exactly and I would not hold it against you if you left me if I got to be too slow.:upsidedow

4. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

If you were doing the half, you could count me in.

5. dreams91

dreams91 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>Loves to veg o

It will be my first full. You are more than welcome to join me. I was faster but found out I was going too fast for my heart. I needed to slow down to 15:30 to keep heart rate in a good place. I hope o get faster again, but that's go full is looking for me.

6. irishtwins1112

Cool Cherie! I will try to contact you when it gets closer to time.:thumbsup2

7. dreams91

Sounds great

8. irishtwins1112

Hey Cherie! It's getting closer! Are you still doing about 15:30 mpm? I have been laying out from running for a couple of weeks (injured my big toe joint in the half marathon I did November 11th). I am hoping to get back on track this week and do 6-8 miles this weekend. How is your training going?

Does anyone else want to join a back of the pack 15-16 minutes per mile group who's only goal is to finish without being swept?

9. dreams91

Yep, I need to stay around this pace in order to finish healthy. My only goal is to finish on time to get my medal!! I saw some of your posts, I know it seems crazy, but we will get thru this!

10. Terapin

Terapin DIS Veteran

I'm interested, too. I am planning on doing intervals with lots of walking and finishing about 615-6:30 time. I'd love to start with a group, and hopefully finish with them too! Does that sound like the pace for you guys?

11. irishtwins1112

I really think I will be more toward the 6:30-7 hr finish.....but starting out with you would be great. Aiming to keep up with the both of you would be a great motivator for me. I got a gym boss and am planning to implement some timed intervals. Normally I just run 'til I'm tired then walk 'til I recover but as soon as this toe joint is feeling 100% I am gonna try walk 30 seconds run 30 seconds. Speaking of which, I did a spin class this morning and then walking on the treadmill for just shy of 15 minutes to test it out. Walking at about 16 minutes per mile seemed ok but when I went up to 15 minutes per mile it started to get kind of sore so I went ahead and cut it short. I am going to try to stay in the game with extra crosstraining for now. BTW, the timed intervals were recommended by Coach to help my speed. What intervals do you plan to do, Terapin?

12. irishtwins1112

I changed the thread title to say GROUP now that there are possibly 3 of us!:cool1::grouphug:

13. buckeyecinderella

buckeyecinderella Mouseketeer

I'm going to see what happens over the next couple of weeks or so and see what my times look like. If they look like I'll be in the 6:30-7 hour range appeoximately, I may join you.

What types of run walk ratios has everyone been doing lately? You may have already posted so I apologize if I've forgotten. I'm still trying to work out mine and experiment!

14. irishtwins1112

I have been doing intervals of 30 moderate intensity and 30 seconds high intensity when I do any cardio/xtraining. I did a spin class today, 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the treadmill. I did a little bit of walking today but it was pretty slow(slower than 16mpm) and I couldn't do any running because my foot was feeling week and I didn't want it to be more sore tomorrow. I am going to do my best to get in some long runs the next couple of weeks.....but I will probably just tape my foot and endure the pain on race day. I did an arc trainer yesterday and I think that was a mistake because my foot is sore now:sad1:.

15. harleys mom

harleys mom Disney Princess.

Good luck.. I know where you are coming from.. I am working towards the Donald at the same type of pace. It will be my first half marathon. My husband is doing the Goofy so I have him for moral support.. I just want to finish and not get swept!

16. irishtwins1112

Just wanted to share this:

I have been struggling with that sprain to my big toe joint. I have been thinking the last couple of days that it will only be by the grace of God if I make it to the finish line of the marathon. As recent as yesterday it was sore from walking. Today I decided to walk a little. 5 minutes at 3.8mph and it felt good....so 10 minutes at 4.0mph....still felt good......so I threw in some jogging here and there. I finished 3 miles in 45:26. Not my best time but it was my first walk/run with no pain since November 11th. Pondering this:

My soul, praise Yahweh,
    and all that is within me, praise His holy name.
    2 My soul, praise the Lord,
    and do not forget all His benefits.
    3 He forgives all your sin;
    He heals all your diseases.
    4 He redeems your life from the Pit;
    He crowns you with faithful love and compassion.
    5 He satisfies you[a] with goodness;
    your youth is renewed like the eagle.

Psalm 103:1-5

I have never been so happy just to be able to run! I am so thankful that I can move my body and God deserves the glory for every mile I finish!

17. irishtwins1112

Have you guys checked to see your corral placement? It is up on RunDisney. I am in E!

18. Terapin

Terapin DIS Veteran

I am in E too! Hoping I can move to D though at the expo. But maybe not - I am just on the cusp of it I think. I like being middle of the pack though. E might be right.

19. Tiger Lily 03

Tiger Lily 03 Moderator W.I.S.H. Moderator

I waited to respond til numbers came out. Bonus that we also know our start corrals. I will be starting in Corral G and while I expect to pass some along the way, I do not think I will catch up with anyone other than the F corrals. I will have my WISH Team shirt on for the event, so if you do see me, please say hi!

20. irishtwins1112

Definitely!:thumbsup2

21. irishtwins1112

No long runs since November 11th (half marathon) until today. By the grace of God, I did 10 miles in 2:30. Yay! 15 minutes per mile. The crazy thing is my Garmin said it had a low battery when I was finishing my first lap (It was 1.42 miles). I didn't want it to just cut off mid-run so I went ahead and cut it off and finished sans Garmin. I deliberated just packing it up and going home but I felt good so I just lapped to 9.94 and then turned my Garmin back on to do the last .06. I figured my time would have suffered because I am so used to relying on it but I guess I was just more relaxed and not as worried about it. It was actually *gasp* enjoyable. I really liked my walk/run today!

I have 20 and 10. Then Marathon!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you other ladies had a good long run today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!