PA DISers out there

Discussion in 'Dis Meets' started by saintfan, May 19, 2013.

1. Dreamport

Dreamport Pan-the-Man's Godmother

It is very sad. The park comes to life again in September and October for "Ghost Lake" activities, but other than that I don't even remember going to the actual park since I was in elementary school. I've never even ridden the Blue Streak. We just came back from the Fair and everything is always the same, give or take a few new deep fried treats.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tyniknate

tyniknate DIS Veteran

Hey fellow PA residents! I'm from the Susquehanna Valley. Think the home of Little Leage Baseball - Williamsport - and I'm fairly close. I'm an hour from State College and an hour from Wilkes Barre....where I will be dropping my son off on Friday to begin college.

I'm only 20 minutes from Knoebels Amusement Park....anyone heard of it?

Glad to know there are so many of us on here.

4. KimmyAnne

KimmyAnne Earning My Ears

Our newspaper had an article about a lot of volunteering that had been going on at the park this summer. I haven't been there myself in years. It seems like every time they get some forward motion going to get the park back on its feet, something bad happens.

5. jillbur

jillbur DIS Veteran

Omgsh that's hilarious! Hello in the next town over :)

6. jillbur

jillbur DIS Veteran

Hey Meadville! I'm in Sharon. We were just discussing Meadville today at work. We saw an ad in a magazine for "Fiercely made in Meadville" Channellock. We just drove up your way en route to Erie for the Biggest Loser half marathon on the 17th and then again to hit up Splash Lagoon before school started this week.

So sad about the Beach House. That park cannot catch a break. I remember going every year as a kid for work picnics for my dad. Do you remember Fairyland Forrest across the street? I went there for my kindergarten field trip a LONG time ago!

7. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

Just seeing this - I live in Lemoyne. Mom lives in Camp Hill. Too funny. Wish I'd known about the June meet up in Hershey. I wonder if anyone would be interested in another for the Hershey Park in the Dark or Christmas Candylane?

8. Moira222

Moira222 Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

We flew to Sanford using Allegient in February. easy flight, though they do charge you for everything (including carryons) but you do have to either rent a car or hire a service -- no magical express from Sanford.

9. Dreamport

Dreamport Pan-the-Man's Godmother

Only on a PA related board could someone be discussing little ol' Meadville. :lmao: I don't think I've ever seen one of those ads! How were the marathon and Splash Lagoon? We only went to Splash once and that was a handful of years ago.

Sorry, but I don't remember Fairyland Forrest. Just checked with my mom and she never took us there, only to the Park. What was it like? And apparently the ol' Park is still going. I just heard on the radio that they were having some events this weekend like cover bands and such.

10. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

Have you looked at the frontier flights out of Wilmington? They don't fly out of Harrisburg for our dates (switched the schedule to Tuesdays and Saturdays). I looked at the Wilmington flights and could have booked five round trip tickets for $750. It's gone up a bit since then. We decided not to go with that flight because we're leaving in January and I didn't want to risk having issues with the road, but I was soooo tempted. At the end, I booked a Delta flight that has a fairly short layover in Kentucky. We could have had a cheaper flight from BWI taking airtran. But when I factored in the extra driving (HIA is twenty minutes from our house), it sort of balanced out. At least when we land, we'll be home in half an hour and not looking at a trip up 83 North to get home.

11. Philliesfan56

Philliesfan56 Earning My Ears

Hello everybody
    My wife and I are just outside Reading, PA. We are going to Disneyworld December 5th for 8 days. We love it at Christmastime with all the hotels and parks decorated. we are doing Mickey's Christmas Party Tuesday the 10th and DISAppalooza Toy Story Mania Event on Friday the 6th. Would like to fly out of Wilmington, Delaware but wife does not like to fly. So we well be traveling down I-95. :drive:

12. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Hi Phillies Fan

I'm from Bethlehem and will also be doing disapalooza and the Christmas party on the 10th.

13. Philliesfan56

Philliesfan56 Earning My Ears

What a coincidence. What resort are you going to be staying at? We hope to run into you at the Disapalooza.

14. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

I'm staying at Boardwalk from the 7th through the 13th. I have still have to book the night of the 6th though. Probably book swolphin if they have special disapalooza rates. Did you guys get your flights yet?

15. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Oops. Sorry just realized you said you were driving.

16. kathyfog

kathyfog Earning My Ears

Hi just found this board. I live in Quakertown, about 30 min from ABE. Never use that airport, we fly Southwest out of Philly. We are going to WDW Dec.22=29. My husb and I are flying on Sunday, my sis and daughter are taking the auto train and arr. also on Sunday. We are renting a condo outside Disney and hope to enjoy some family time at Christmas. Love this board. Have already got a lot of advice.

17. Urbss

Urbss Earning My Ears

Where in Central PA?
    We live in Cresson PA which is just north of Altoona.

18. Moira222

I have not ever looked at flights out of Wilmington that's about 3 hrs for us.

What is the aiport like there? I wonder if hubby would be okay leaving our car parked there.:confused3 but I will look for future trips!

19. auntfrannie

auntfrannie DIS Veteran

I'm outside of Pittsburgh in Belle Vernon. If someone is still planning a DISmeet let me know!!

20. HPCrazy

HPCrazy Mouseketeer

Anyone here in the Central PA area and visit Hersheypark frequently? If so and would like to meet-up, I have two meets scheduled at Hershey in the next two months:

Hersheypark in the Dark - October 19th - meeting up outside Chocolate World at 11 a.m.

Christmas Candylane - November 16th - meeting up outside Chocolate World at 4 p.m.

All are welcome!

21. Moira222

bummer...we usually do Christmas at Hershey but usually after Thanksgiving. maybe next time!