P&S for under $150 for DD12

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by tmonferdini, Oct 1, 2007.

1. tmonferdini

tmonferdini Mouseketeer

I'm looking for a decent, inexpensive P&S for my 12 yr old daughter. She likes snapping pics of friends & siblings. Doesn't need a lot of "extras". Would like a decent zoom & ease in downloading. Any suggestions. You all were a great help to me when I researched my new "baby" Canon S3 IS. Still trying to figure it out.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LPZ_Stitch!

LPZ_Stitch! ºoº DIS Veteran

Check out the Digital Camera Resource Page's Camera List ... most of the popular cameras on the market are listed with a summary of important features and price.

If you like your S3, Canon makes a number of good "entry level" P&S cameras that would be great for an aspiring young photographer: Canon PowerShot A550, Canon PowerShot A570 IS, Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital ELPH....

The smaller cameras are usually less complicated (in terms of settings). At the sub-$200 range, there really isn't too many differences to recommend one P&S over another, and it really comes down to "brand loyalty" or looking for a specific feature or mode....

4. tmonferdini

tmonferdini Mouseketeer

Thanks for the help. She really wants an ultra compact, so that's where I'm leaning towards, but I also don't want to spend too much for it.

5. Anewman

Anewman <font color=green>Likes it topped with relish<br><

Panasonic make great valued cameras with great features.

Example
    Circuit City= Panasonic LZ6 $149 7.2megapixels, 6x optical zoom with built in image stabilization.

6. manning

manning <font color=blue>Just for that I have requested it

I saw the Sony H5 at Fry's Electonics for $160.00. It was over $300.00. It was replaced by H7.

It is lots of camera for the price.

I have one and wouldn't hesitate getting another one if I was in the market.