P O Riverside food court

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by sunshineNJ, May 8, 2013.

1. sunshineNJ

sunshineNJ DIS Veteran

Are there glutin free options especially at the pasta section. Can you get glutin free pasta? Thanks:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sunshineNJ

sunshineNJ DIS Veteran

Anyone?:)

4. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

5. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

I agree, we just had lunch here on Saturday and I didn't notice any types of pasta on the regular menu that were gluten free-this may be something you have to request?:confused3

6. ItsNotMuchofaTail

ItsNotMuchofaTail but I'm sort of attached to it

I am not sure about GF pasta, but if you are GF for allergy reasons you should check with them about their protocol at that station. There would be a HUGE likelihood of cross-contamination unless they prep the food somewhere else, because of how it works there.

I understand Disney is awesome about allergies, and I saw the chef giving a family advice and directions about allergies when we were there. I am always interested because my sister is severely gluten intolerant. They can specially prepare mickey waffles, etc with notice. But the pasta station has large pots full of pasta in water, which they get out with tongs and move to the pans to add the items you choose. The pasta water could drip all over everything, and they use the tongs from the regular pasta to get the protein, veggies, etc. They would have to prepare it somewhere else IMO for it to be GF.

7. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

Definitely both call ahead and speak to a chef when you arrive. They are wonderfully accommodating if you let them know what you need to avoid. :thumbsup2

8. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT..... ::yes::

9. sunshineNJ

sunshineNJ DIS Veteran

Thanks all, I did call and they said glutin free pasta could be prepared.:)

10. Random Ninja

Random Ninja DIS Veteran

I love the GF pasta bowl at POR! They cook the GF meals in the back so they do try preventing cross-contamination. I'm actually looking forward to getting one next month.