Owners Locker ~ Taking on ship

pjstevens

Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder
We are cruising on the Fantasy December 1st and have an OL. We were planning on taking it on board. I've heard that as long as we 'carry' it on, we can take it (so it doesn't get damaged with the luggage). It has all our 'essential' things that we don't have to pack for Disney. I bought a luggage type cart to tote it on board but just wanted to make sure that there have been so recent issues with this.

I'm not personally familiar with the size of an Owner's Locker - but as long as it would fit through the security scanners I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Security scanners are similar-sized to those at the airport. So if your OL is sized like a small rolling suitcase, it will definitely fit. Larger could be a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

We took ours on and sent it through with our checked luggage - we didn't hand carry it. no damage.

We took ours on and sent it through with our checked luggage - we didn't hand carry it. no damage.

This is very good to know, I'm thinking we may take any 'glass' out of our OL and drop it with our luggage.

We have taken ours on the Dream and the Fantasy and checked it both times. It did not get any damage. It fits perfectly under the bed with the lid off. Have a great trip!

We also checked our OL. It came through fine. I have heard of a few getting damaged. Not sure of the outcome, just remember something about it.

Not much help, sorry.

Thanks for all the responses of checking it with the luggage (maybe I should send back the 'cart' thingy I bought to lug it around, lol).

We took ours on the ship back in October 2010 and to say it was damaged when we picked it up on departure day is an understatement. It was annihilated - almost like either it was dropped from a very high point or something VERY heavy was dropped on it.

When we picked it up it had the clear wrapping tape on it - when we took off the wrapping everything fell out. It was split down the entire length of box.

To this day we will NOT take our OL on a cruise with us - we generally leave it in the car trunk at the port (we take the items we need from the OL with us in our luggage).

We've cruised with out locker multiple times always checking it with the porter. We've never had any problems.

What is an owners locker? :confused3 I am sure it is probably something I am familiar with and just never heard it called this, but now I am curious?

It's a purple storage box (like a small bin you may store items in at home) that you store in Florida between trips... keep your essential, mulit-time use items in it. The company that started it keeps your box stored while you are not in the vacinity. It's like a mini storage facility for things you use every vacation.

Thanks for the reply; but this didn't answer my question.

I was wondering where I would leave the OL after my cruise.

We are going straight to the airport (MCO) after the cruise so we are making arrangements to meet OL at the airport.

They do not have any arrangements for pick up or drop off at the cruise terminal. Are you planning on taking it on the ship? we are, that's why we are going to meet them at the airport afterwards to 'return' it to the warehouse.

We are going straight to the airport (MCO) after the cruise so we are making arrangements to meet OL at the airport.

They do not have any arrangements for pick up or drop off at the cruise terminal. Are you planning on taking it on the ship? we are, that's why we are going to meet them at the airport afterwards to 'return' it to the warehouse.

Ok - this is what I was looking for; thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter