Own car or HIFS transportation to parks?

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Can't get an onsite room for a last-minute Dec. trip, but can get a 2 bedroom kidsuite at HIFS (which kids will probably like better anyway.....). How is the "complimentary" transportation to/from the parks? I really hate to drive around WDW, but if it will be easier and more convenient, I'll live with it. Any opinions?

Thanks!
Sammy

We stayed there last month and we drove our own car. It is very close to the parks and in my opinion it was quicker than waiting for the shuttles.

Have a great time!

We didn't even attempt to use shuttle provided by HIFS because most people recommended taking your own car. We were able to get to the parks in 5 - 10 minutes. It is very convenient to be able to leave whenever you want to. I do have some coupons for a free pizza party (1 med. 1 topping pizza, breadsticks and 2 liter coke) at HIFS that they gave me when we checked out last week. We used one (sent to me from another Dis board member!) while we were there. If you would like one, just e-mail me (kerrbe01@aol.com) with your address and I'll send you one in the mail.

Beverly

Sammy,

I asked the same question not too long ago and had recommendations to rent a car.
But, because of budgetary restraints, we are going ahead anyway with the Hifs shuttle option.

our trip is in Nov. so I will report back with my opinion and let you know if it was worth the savings on a car rental.

If you can swing a car rental the ability to cope with the spotty thunderstorms, splitting parks during the day with min time of travel between parks and ability to visit the new resorts for lunch during the day, and the distance to the parks is minimal from HIFS. We buy a foam cooler from the Publix down the steet from HIFS and refresh ourselves on the way to Seaworld or Universal , by the way Is seaworld still doing 2 for 1 day admission during your stay period? Suggest you go to "budget board" and ask if anyone knows the latest rental discounts, God, I' m getting antsy to head south!:eek:
POWER OF THE MESSENGER!
ENJOY!:jester:

We took the bus from the HIFS one day and said NEVER AGAIN! The ride there was not too bad, people had to stand and we had to have our two preschoolers on our laps. The ride back was packed. The bus driver just kept packing and packing us in. There was no way he was coming back to pick up a second load. Kids, again, were on our lap. The aisle was packed from front to back. The driver kept saying we are not leaving until everyone was on there. Move Back Move Back. I felt like my kids were going to get crushed. I could not breathe. The smell of a day at the park! If there were to be an accident and the bus flipped my kids would have been killed by people smothering them and strollers and Mickey shaped balloons. I just felt like it was a dangerous situation. We waited for the bus, which was late and then it took 20 minutes for the driver to leave after we sat down on the bus. He could have made it back and forth twice during that time. HIFS is so close to the park and it is so nice to have your freedom. Especially if you have little ones or if you want to go to a different park. I think it only picked up and dropped off at MK and Epcot, so you would have to get on another bus to get to MGM or AK. I am actually getting angry thinking about their transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter