Oversized Verandah - Back of the Ship View

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by budafam, Sep 18, 2013.

1. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

I'm looking into booking a 3 night cruise on the Dream. How are the rooms that have an "oversized verandah with possible whitewalls"? It looks like the rooms available are located at the back of the ship. Is there any pros or cons to this location/view?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ahain

ahain Thankful & Blessed

We stayed in cabin 9174 and absolutely LOVED it. Large veranda w/lounge, 2 chairs and a small table. My DD slept on the lounge under the stars one night - the highlight of her trip! :-)

4. cquick

cquick DIS Veteran

Aren't those rooms handicapped accessible rooms? Or are they just listed as family verandah rooms?

5. cbnsoul

cbnsoul DIS Veteran

We are going on the dream on 10/17 and have one of those rooms. I have ALWAYS wanted a balcony at the back of the ship. I have heard form a few folks that some ash from the smoke stacks can end up on the balcony (doesn't seem to matter which floor). This is far from a uniform complaint so must be due to wind direction, at least to some degree.

6. ahain

ahain Thankful & Blessed

A couple of these cabins are HA, but most don't seem to be, based on the deck plans I've reviewed.

7. piglet33

piglet33 DIS Veteran

We had 10160 on the Dream and 9172 on the Fantasy and loved those verandahs. It was wonderful to have the full view and watch as we backed into Castaway Cay. We had two loungers, 2 chairs and a table and still had room on the verandah. The view as we were sailing was very relaxing too.

8. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me what is the price category for these rooms?

9. Disney Canadian

Disney Canadian Mouseketeer

They're 5Es...we will be enjoying one in a little over a week. We really felt that the pros far outweighed any possible cons and decided that this is the category we wanted to book :goodvibes

10. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

the soot/ash was a bit of a pain sometimes but its so worth it to have. i tried to get one for our upcoming cruise and they were out of them. :sad2:
    our veranda was HUGE!!

11. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Some of the cons...

* Typically the ships back into CC and/or ports. You can feel the rumbling when the reverse thrusters are used. However, it is a nice wake up call. You open up the shade and you have a BEAUTIFUL view of CC.

* On deck 10 you might hear some noise from Cabanas, specially early in the morning when they are rearranging the chairs for breakfast. Also, late into the night during pirate night as they have the midnight buffet.

* A couple of those cabins originally were meant to be HA but didn't pass inspection, and hence only have one bathroom and no bathtub. But their size are HUGE.

We got upgraded to one of the HUGE 5E on our first cruise from an OGT rate. Booked 5E for our Xmas 2014 on the Fantasy...

12. bceagle76

bceagle76 Mouseketeer

the deck in unbelievable
    super big
    great views
    only downside to the room is no spilt bathroom
    but you can have touch football in the room it so big

13. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

We were in 9670 on the Dream .. It was huuuuuuuge and had a huuuuuuuge balcony too!!!

Not a HA room per se, but it had the makings of one .. No step into bathroom or out onto balcony, a wet room and a really cool handle in the wardrobe that pulled the whole rail down (great for short people like me as well as those in wheelchairs!)

It didn't have handles in the wet room, or a door bell and auto opener outside the stateroom. Fantastic room though and definitely not classed as HA.

14. tdunaway

tdunaway Mouseketeer

We were in 10162 on the Dream a few weeks ago and it was awesome!

15. Postal68

Postal68 DIS Veteran

how are these rooms in terms of bedding? ceiling drop bunk? Murphy? sofabed?

16. cheer25mom

cheer25mom DIS Veteran

We had 6192 on the dream. Loved it.

17. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Only the HA rooms (corner 5Es) are like that. The others are regular stateroom size with split baths. Worth every penny!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

18. piglet33

piglet33 DIS Veteran

10160 and 9172 have the ceiling drop bunk and sofabed.

We didn't hear any noise from Cabanas and did not have any issues with soot on either of the verandahs.

19. aprilchem

aprilchem DIS Veteran

This thread is so exciting to me - we've booked connecting 5E rooms for our BTBs in Jan. I had no idea the verandas were that big!

20. YoungGangMom

YoungGangMom Mouseketeer

This is our fourth cruise and first with an aft cabin. We have 9674 and can't wait to find out for ourselves what all the hoopla is all about. I think it will be lovely watching the water trail behind us.

21. SamIam929

SamIam929 Earning My Ears

This is so exciting! We booked a 5E GTY and got 7190--one of corner rooms with the obnoxiously large veranda. The split bath would have been cool, but we'll get through this----somehow. (How's that for dramatic effect--bwaaahaaahaaa!!!). Sure we'll be spoiled!