Overly Keen Not Quite Yet Bride-to-be

It's really far back? I didn't know that. I just really love Fantasmic and would like for my family and friends to see it. But maybe we will just go to the park and head there early to get good seats.
Hawaii sounds nice, I'm personally not a fan of flying though haha.
I was thinking about having the reception at an Epcot venue but then I think about having it at one of the hotels. I don't know, very indecisive about that one.
I'm just going to have my honeymoon in Disney. Then go to both Universal parks. I figure we will already be there, and I love going there so might as well make it easy for us.
I know the ring will be coming soon, like within the next couple months. My boyfriend is trying to think of a good way to do it, but he's not the most creative person in the world haha so it takes him some thinking.

Aww that must be very exciting for you :) have you been together a long time?

My main thoughts behind the honeymoon partially out of disney is that it means I get to go two years in a row! (My bf and I have a once every three years agreement, but with still active AP's he's overlook that rule just once ha)

This is a link for fantasmic http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/fantasmic/ it has photos of the dp area and views of the 'stage'

Haha fair enough, I fly far too much, everything worth doing seems to be over the Atlantic !- so after that looooong flight popping over to Bahamas or wherever doesn't feel so bad!

Oh and do you have this? http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp most people on the board would probably agree that it's worth the money :) could help you on reception venue ideas and loads more!!

Hello there,

I am in exactly the same position as you. I have been in a relationship for 4 1/2 years. We went to Florida last June and ever since then my partner (not me) is eager to marry at Disney. He keeps making suggestions about getting married when we go in September but realistically it won't be until 2015 or later that we do marry.
Difficulty is being in the UK trying to plan a wedding. I've been searching and searching and looks like Disney weddings do their best for UK clients. A friend got married in Miami last October & she found it incredibly hard to organise it without a wedding planner as they all have them in the USA.
I would love to have the ceremony in the Wedding Pavilion but only want my close family & friends (those who can afford flights) to be there. Only my mother from both our families have ever been to disney world so I would love them to experience the full disney experience as well as our wedding.
I am hoping that when we go in September we can get some details about holding our wedding there and the accommodation for our families.
It all looks so exciting. I imagine when you are finally a bride-to-be it all becomes stressful lol.
Disney love xxx

We've been together for 3 years. It went by very quickly haha.

That's a good idea. I wish I could go to Disney every year. It's such a fun place to go.

Thanks for the website! I'm glad I got to see that, it really helped me out.

It's funny I actually just bought that book last night. Haven't had a chance to actually read it yet, but it seems really informative.

I wish I enjoyed flying. It would make things so much easier for when I want to travel, which I do eventually.

Hello there,

I am in exactly the same position as you. I have been in a relationship for 4 1/2 years. We went to Florida last June and ever since then my partner (not me) is eager to marry at Disney. He keeps making suggestions about getting married when we go in September but realistically it won't be until 2015 or later that we do marry.
Difficulty is being in the UK trying to plan a wedding. I've been searching and searching and looks like Disney weddings do their best for UK clients. A friend got married in Miami last October & she found it incredibly hard to organise it without a wedding planner as they all have them in the USA.
I would love to have the ceremony in the Wedding Pavilion but only want my close family & friends (those who can afford flights) to be there. Only my mother from both our families have ever been to disney world so I would love them to experience the full disney experience as well as our wedding.
I am hoping that when we go in September we can get some details about holding our wedding there and the accommodation for our families.
It all looks so exciting. I imagine when you are finally a bride-to-be it all becomes stressful lol.
Disney love xxx

Ha you're probably right about it becoming stressful, better bask in the pre bride-to-be daydreaming bliss !

Aw, do you not want to marry there, or are you just not as keen as he is? I think my bf really enjoyed our trip there and so yes he would like to be married there, but us getting married there will be because its what i want and he's happy to go along with it!

Yeah from what i've seen from looking at UK bride trip reports is that Disney really do look after you, and Escape package especially seems almost specifically aimed at the overseas brides!

I too only want close family at the wedding, from watching far too much wedding tv over the past year i've been hugely put off a big affair with second cousins etc ha.

I'm jealous of your September trip! I want to go back nowww. Do you worry about close family not being willing to pay for the flights and trip? thats my only worry...

We've been together for 3 years. It went by very quickly haha.

That's a good idea. I wish I could go to Disney every year. It's such a fun place to go.

Thanks for the website! I'm glad I got to see that, it really helped me out.

It's funny I actually just bought that book last night. Haven't had a chance to actually read it yet, but it seems really informative.

I wish I enjoyed flying. It would make things so much easier for when I want to travel, which I do eventually.

It really would make it easier, im one of those people who if you ask me if id rather teleport from my house to my holiday or do the whole airport and flight thing id go for airport and flight though maybe only an hour flying and teleport the rest of the journey haha.

No worries :goodvibes

Hi Fairytale Belle :) I'm so excited to find someone in a simillar sitation to me. I am already engaged but we are from england too and are looking to get married at the wedding pavillion in Nov 2015 :cool1:. I know it's still a long way off but i'm really confused at the moment about a 'reception' meal and then something to do in the evening. Currently I am thinking of having a regularly booked dinner at the Grand Floridian cafe (so everyone can afford it) and then maybe on the Grand 1 yacht for the fireworks. Really hopping to keep it cheap and cheerfull tho, the thought of the cost of it all is scaring me already :scared1: x

Ah i'm sorry Laurenvic, I didn't see that you had posted !

It's cool to meet someone else from england with the same date (roughly!) in mind, im envious that you already have your ring though, i want mine ! haha :)

I'd love the Grand 1 also..but at the same time going into the parks in your wedding dress would be amazing for the illuminations dessert party.

So would you have your guests pay for their own meals? (The Grand Floridian Cafe bit)

Were you thinking Escape or Wishes? I mean i keep changing my preference- Wishes is cool as there is more planning to do (ha) and you can get things started with disney earlier, but if i'm honest with you, i don't really have any interest in doing a reception..Just a nice dinner followed by a dessert party or something and then back in England throw a 'cheap' reception- Not quite sure how to achieve this yet ha, food and alcohol alone is not cheap! x

It's fine :) I'm just happy to finally be talking to someone on here. I've been a lurker for far too long haha.
Don't worry you'll get your ring soon enough, then you'll be even more excited :cool1:
Our aim is too have a good time without spending too much money so that is why the yacht appeals to us so much as it's cheaper than a desert party but still fancy haha :)
Yeah, as all our guests will be from the uk too they will most likely be on the dining plan so they all won't mind using one table service credit for our wedding meal. I would rather spend the money on something unusual such as the yacht instead of a meal. What about you, are you thinking of buying everyone their meals then?
I'm definietly thinking escape at the moment, wishes just seems like the cost can add up too quickly :confused3. I'm a bit worried about not being able to book any sooner than 8 months before but hopefully it will all work out well. We are having a at home reception too with just a small buffet i reckon, will we probably show a video of our wedding there too so it's more of an event :)
So do you reckon you will go with escape too in the end then? :goodvibes x

Did you get my message? I tried private messaging for the first time haha, i probably managed to mess it up !

Yeah i was really impressed with the price of the yacht, though i'm not sure but i think when reading through pjs i came across someone saying that you can only book the yacht 180 days out? I may be wrong, but if thats true thats so stressful, it would feel last minute- i'd have to have like a team of people ringing up right on the 180 day mark to get it! :rotfl:

I'm lucky in that my mum is paying for my wedding -as far as im aware ha- but i think that makes me even more money conscious, i don't want to waste her money! I plan on getting my family to do their Disney trip at the same time so that their flights and hotels etc aren't part of the wedding cost as such as they were going anyway!
Sorry got sidetracked! Yes on the wedding day we would pay for everything, although if people were on dining plan as you say i'm sure they would use credits (genius i didn't think of that!)

Would you wear your wedding dress at your home reception?

The 8 months bit is horrible, i wouldnt like to expect people to book hotels and flights for a date that isn't even set...i guess i'm willing to be flexible with the time and maybe date but i HAVE to have the wedding pavilion :)

Yeah escape, i don't think i'd have a choice really, can't see many people coming, especially not from my boyfriends side of the family, that worries me :worried: is everyone in your families liking the idea of a disney wedding?x

:goodvibes

I'm doing an escape wedding and I am not really worried about the eight month mark. It is annoying to have to wait, but I am just telling people what week we are going to be married. With all the available time slots, I know I will get a day within the week we are there and I don't have my heart set on a particular date. The plus side of the escape for me is the guest limit. I had a lot of family bash our decision to go to Disney and flat out say they refuse to come. We decided then on escape and we refuse to change just because unsupportive people are changing their minds and saying how unique and fun our wedding sounds and that they would love to come.

Yeah it was so nice to get a message on here, i got all excited hah :goodvibes
The booking of the yacht would definitely be stressfull but i guess i could come up with a back up plan just in case. For me i guess taking everyone for a meal at the calafornia grill then watching the fireworks would be just as nice (even though it would cost everyone 2 dining tokens) :)
That's nice you know you'll be getting some help with cost of it all, we might get some help from our parents but nothings set in stone so we're preapring to pay for it all just in case. I would definitely wear my dress at the home reception :yay:
I'm just gonna hope that everyone will get organsied and book the right dates haha, I can't let myself get too stressed about it haha, if i did i don't think i'd be able to cope. All my family are fine with our wedding plans but only about 15 of our friends and family in total will be able to come, how many do you think will be in your wedding party? x

I'm doing an escape wedding and I am not really worried about the eight month mark. It is annoying to have to wait, but I am just telling people what week we are going to be married. With all the available time slots, I know I will get a day within the week we are there and I don't have my heart set on a particular date. The plus side of the escape for me is the guest limit. I had a lot of family bash our decision to go to Disney and flat out say they refuse to come. We decided then on escape and we refuse to change just because unsupportive people are changing their minds and saying how unique and fun our wedding sounds and that they would love to come.

Haha that's so good, standing your ground- anyone not willing to support you from the start doesn't deserve to be at your wedding.

Yeah i guess that is true and flying from the UK most would stay for a week or so anyway- im just an excessive planner (in my head !) and so not having a set date until the 8 month mark would wind me up...I also don't like that Wishes get first bite of the apple so to say with the wedding pavilion!

Yeah it was so nice to get a message on here, i got all excited hah :goodvibes
The booking of the yacht would definitely be stressfull but i guess i could come up with a back up plan just in case. For me i guess taking everyone for a meal at the calafornia grill then watching the fireworks would be just as nice (even though it would cost everyone 2 dining tokens) :)
That's nice you know you'll be getting some help with cost of it all, we might get some help from our parents but nothings set in stone so we're preapring to pay for it all just in case. I would definitely wear my dress at the home reception :yay:
I'm just gonna hope that everyone will get organsied and book the right dates haha, I can't let myself get too stressed about it haha, if i did i don't think i'd be able to cope. All my family are fine with our wedding plans but only about 15 of our friends and family in total will be able to come, how many do you think will be in your wedding party? x

Ha :rotfl: I'm glad it worked and I'm glad i sent it, must admit getting my first reply was nice !
Yeah that's fair enough..to be honest i think a disney wedding would definitely me cheaper for me than a home one just because of all those random people i'd have to invite at home, looking at 200 in comparison to this nice peachy 30 - I am pretty sure 10 of the 13 i invite would come...but of my boyfriends side...it could only be 2, makes me feel bad but he doesn't seem to care? :guilty: it could another 4, anymore than that unlikely but i guess potentially another 4 making 20 which screws up the grand 1 plans and the escape package eek ! x

Yeah it will definitely be cheaper for me as well. Oh dear, well I think I read somewhere (don't quote me though) that you can pay a little extra to extend to a couple more guests with the Escape package. I thinks it's silly to not give people any option to extend it so I hope it's true :) well as long as he's happy with who's going then I wouldn't worry yourself about it too much :) I've only invited around 20 people in total, one f them already can't make it and I'm sure some other people won't be able to either so it hopefully will figure out right in the end, fingers crossed :) x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter