Overlap of breakfast & lunch at Hollywood & Vine or Crystal Palace?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jlk806, Feb 23, 2013.

1. jlk806

jlk806 DanceDisneyGirl

It says I can book the last breakfast ressie at H&V at 10:20AM or the 1st lunch at 11:00AM. Do they clear you out in between or is there some overlap where it would be possible if we had that 10:20 seating where they would be putting out the lunch foods? I ask because DH much prefers breakfast and I dont care fo breakfast foods, give me fish and pasta anyday! LOL. DS will eat either or both. So just wondering if it is possible to get both spreads of food in one setting at either Hollywood & Vine or Crystal Palace, or both?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

We took the last breakfast ADR at Tusker House for 10:55 as we wanted it more towards lunchtime but I really want breakfast foods at least once while we are there. I was told they start putting out lunch around 11-11:30 and that while we are there we will have a little of both available. I would assume it's probably pretty similar at the other character meals that do breakfast and lunch. I'm just not sure if their mealtimes are the same.

4. bentopher

bentopher Mouseketeer

I am also wondering about this... but specifically for Crystal Palace.
    It's for our last meal. I'd love to make it BRUNCH instead of just breakfast :)

5. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

They do not clear out the restaurant. The food gradually transitions to lunch and you are free to try anything on the buffet. We have done this often at H&V, CP and TH.

6. bentopher

bentopher Mouseketeer

Ok that's what I thought.. i heard of that happening at Tusker, but only recently considered doing CP for our final meal.

Anyone know what the last time from Breakfast seating is at Crystal Palace? When I search for 1030 my current options are only 10am or 11:35am.

7. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

I believe the last breakfast seating at CP is either 10:20 or 10:30.

8. PictureJumpr

PictureJumpr At Least 'til it Rains

We usually have a 10:30 or once in a while we take a 10:45.

Just a word of caution from someone who does this frequently:

Try and be there to check in 10 minutes or so before your ADR, because they always seem to have a delay between checkin and seating.

Do NOT be late.
    They will refuse to seat you after your ADR time until they "reopen" for lunch, and by that time breakfast stuff will have been cleared.

They do not clear out the restaurant, but they do pause in seating new tables between the last breakfast ADR and the first lunch one.

We've been late a couple of times in the last few years, and have had to sit on the porch until they were ready to seat us for lunch.

Which meant no puffed french toast. :headache:

9. bentopher

bentopher Mouseketeer

Very good to know! Thank you!
    So far nothing is showing for the time frame I need... well there's 10am, but I dont think that'll be late enough to start enjoying lunch foods. Or rather, by time the lunch foods get put out I'll be too full on breakfast to eat any of it! HAHAHA and the boys will be antsy and ready to leave!

I'll just keep watching and hope for an opening :)

Thanks!

10. PictureJumpr

You could make it work with a 10am or a 10:15 - instead of being early for this time, be on time.

With the typical 10-15 minute wait to be seated, you'd be in the restaurant heading for your table at 10:15-10:30. Send everyone to wash hands, order your drinks, arrange your autograph books... then hit the buffet at 10:45 for the end of breakfast ;)

11. MC0810

MC0810 Mouseketeer

We have a 10:10 Hollywood and vine reservation in may and was hoping to also get some breakfast AND lunch. So should we be on time or a few minutes late? Do the servers get mad if we try to get some lunch foods before leaving or do they not care?I wouldn't want them to charge us for lunch instead of breakfast because we were to eat some fries. Lol

12. bentopher

bentopher Mouseketeer

Hahahaha LOVE this!!
    Thanks!!

13. PictureJumpr

More than one way to kill half an hour at WDW lol :thumbsup2

14. PictureJumpr

Be on time, but just.
    Don't be late, because sometimes that can leave you sitting out until lunch seating.

The servers absolutely don't care if you eat lunch stuff.

We do this almost every trip, so like 30-35 times in the last 10ish years.
    We got billed for lunch twice, both times it was fixed fairly easily without much fuss. (Once by the server and once by a manager)

15. MC0810

MC0810 Mouseketeer

Thanks!